• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to the supermarket this morning and it was busy, but no queues. No horseradish root either which is sad as I'm roasting beef tomorrow . Leaving there were queues into the carpark. Off out in a minute to meet wife at work.
    Temperature 6.7 °C
    Precipitation 0 mm/h
    Wind speed 4 km/h
    Wind direction ENE
    Wind gusts 10 km/h
    Relative humidity 66%
    Pressure 985 hPa

Snow forecast Tue/Wed... crazy weather.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Just found me computer glasses in my box of USB cables!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Just found me computer glasses in my box of USB cables!
        I just mentally placed a pair of glasses on your avatar, and it's the spitting image of my dear departed gran, just before she popped her clogs age 101.

Lunch is emmental and blue stilton on Jacob's crackers. And the remains of last night's red wine.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Home again!

Not a bad trip down and back. The traffic was a bit heavier than I expected, though still not as bad as it probably was this time two years ago. I set off at just the right time; I had to check the car's tyre pressures (all needed about 2psi), and when I checked the oil (which was last changed just over a year ago, so has done about 200 miles), it looked as if it was brand new

Then down to Sainsbury's where I just popped in and grabbed enough Easter eggs to go around. Filled up with petrol (second time in the last twelve months IIRC), set off, accepted Google Maps' suggestion of the M1 instead of M1-A14, and arrived two minutes before the appointed time.

So as to save my parents the trouble of cooking, my brother came via the chip shop, so we all had fish & chips for dinner except my nieces, who are both on diets and brought salads and such with them

We convened in the conservatory, with the outside doors open; I figured that was probably OK, given that we've all had at least one shot of the vaccine except my nieces, who almost certainly had the disease in symptomless form a year ago as a result of their mother and stepfather catching it at Cheltenham just at the time they (the nieces) fled London for the plague-ridden Peak District. (You can run, but you can't hide…)

Anyway, we only stayed a couple of hours and then I did the A14-M1 route on the way back, allowing me to revisit familiar sights I know well but haven't seen in a long time, such as the Mighty Windmills of Kelmarsh, the Sheep of the Field of the Giant Mushrooms, and the Northamptonshire-Leicestershire borderlands

My brother took my nieces on to London as they've finally decided to return to their shared flat there. One of them is due back at work from furlough on Monday, though the company tried that once or twice before and ended up furloughing everybody again; and the other was made redundant from a job she'd started and been almost immediately furloughed from when it all kicked off last year. But she's now got herself a job as a copywriter for an online business and is allowed to work from home, or anywhere else she happens to be, all the time if she so wishes

And I popped into Sainsbury's again on the way back, for a few more essential bits (i.e. sausages, bacon, wine, and beer)

Comment

Nice sunny evening here now

I have Easter eggs but I'm resisting the temptation for the moment

Comment

A most enjoyable afternoon has been had. It was a bit chilly in parts, on account of summer having been and gone.

It finally got too cold and I'm now home warming up while kicking off season 2 of Trucking Hell.

Comment

Shocked to discover that season 2 features recovery firms that are not Crouch Recovery.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the Chinese
                    Very nice as always

Busyness status: "Busy!" which was volunteered in response to my initial how-are-you

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Shocked to discover that season 2 features recovery firms that are not Crouch Recovery.
                      I know! Scenes

Comment

Working...
                      X