• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not counting chickens yet, but we shall see. I suppose there's always the possibility that the powers-that-be will decide it's all going to take too long and pull the plug instead…
    Funny things can pull plugs. Mine was once pulled by Helium. Had been doing oil plant simulation at Marconi and project was coming to an end but another was possibly on it's way. They didn't go forward with the contract, apparently because the high Helium content made the maths too complex.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Wot's it doing?

Generating an up to date count of Bozo's mistresses, wives, and children?
      No, it's gathering and displaying data that's actually available

Lunch was going to be a bacon bap, but then I realised this is no time for half measures; so it was a bacon and Lincolnshire sausages bap (white) with red sauce

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Wot's it doing?

Generating an up to date count of Bozo's mistresses, wives, and children?
        If he told you, he'd have to kill you

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Funny things can pull plugs. Mine was once pulled by Helium. Had been doing oil plant simulation at Marconi and project was coming to an end but another was possibly on it's way. They didn't go forward with the contract, apparently because the high Helium content made the maths too complex.
          And not because it made everyone sound squeaky in meetings?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

And not because it made everyone sound squeaky in meetings?

Beat me to it.

Been awake since 5:00. Lunch was the remains of the lamb stew. Just went for a walk to hand in our tax return - on time for once. But for some reason they think I own about £150K more assets than I do - when we get the definitive statement we'll call them up and ask what is going on. It's 23C and blue sky. Luvverly.

Tonight is gammon and boiled potatoes. Then I've a zoom meeting with a few frieds.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

If he told you, he'd have to kill you
              They (very sensibly) don't let me near the good stuff

Though we just had a meeting with the Data Science guys who were showing off some cool stuff they've done with the BBC Monitoring dataset. This isn't secret because it's all from open sources, but it's basically every piece of news about anything that might be or become even remotely relevant to HMG's interests from everywhere in the world; and just in case the BBC people miss anything, they've also got the equivalent dataset compiled separately by the CIA

Comment

Pleased with myself.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Pleased with myself.
                  Whatcha done?

Comment

Went for a walk up to the High Street and back. Picked up a few things in Whole Foods that I didn't need.

Scorchio out there. Definitely didn't need the thick tights and cardigan.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Pleased with myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X