• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: Southern not-fried chicken and chips with red sauce

Comment

Today's viewing, apart from Monkey Life this afternoon and Police Interceptors while dining, has been All Creatures Great and Small S1E6, Nothing Like Experience (TV Episode 1978)

Better get to sleep now I suppose, so I can be up bright and early

Goodnight all

Comment

Are you still going off to sleep, or did you get up bright and early? Or did you just stay logged in?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright, blue sky with fluffy clouds. Currently 8 degrees with a forecast high of 13 this afternoon. Sun is going to stay out all day, accompanied by some cloud. Barometer down to 1025 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          The first regular international commercial flight opens between Paris and Brussels 1919

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey 6°C day out there, though it should warm up and even brighten up a little later on; 1016/1024mB

Just checked and the government seems to still be there, so I suppose I'd better prepare myself mentally for the 9:30 standup with strong coffee

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Are you still going off to sleep, or did you get up bright and early? Or did you just stay logged in?
              Slumbered mightily thanks, but up in time for the morning catchup which is extremely early by my standards

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Walk walked. Down Earl's Court Road to Old Brompton Road, along past Brompton Cemetary to North End Road, all the way up, over Cromwell Road to Kensington High Street along and then down to home. About 3 and a bit miles. Many snaps taken; now to see if any of them are any good. Then I need to find something in the V&A photography collection that 'inspired' me. I have picked the photographer; just need to pick a representative photo.
                Zen Chury Om. Some other number: 342100

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Zen Chury Om. 299700.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Colder at 16 deg in here.

1026 mBar, 30.3 inHg, 54% RH.

Telex machine gleaming in the sunshine.

<hiatus>

Longer walk walked in the wan sunshine.

It's clouded over a lot, so it's got wanner and wanner.

The partial draining of the res may be an attempt to prevent the overtopping of the leat that flows from the res down to the 2nd & 3rd ponds.

Said overtopping seems to happen every time we have a storm, and in places it's not far off cutting through the bank of the leat.

The PTB seem to have been busy in the woods putting up an assault course.

I assume it's for the kids rather than the SAS.

Turns out that I've paid a £1 a mile in MVD for the last year.

Wot a bargain.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly on Morrisons oat and barley bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Just been amusing myself with linkedin tracking down people I've worked for at different places.

Turned out that one boss at a place I left after a miserable 3 months making cardboard simulations of kit eventually worked at a place I left after 3 weeks having nearly died from the SO2 fallout from the coking ovens at Llanwern steelworks.

'Tis a small world.

I wonder if they ever twigged.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 84% (83.7 something).

The feeling of can't be arsed is strong today.

Just had a number withheld call, which makes a changed from the usual scamming bastard phonecalls.

Probably some agent or other working off at 15 year old CV thinking that I'm available.

Well there's another thing, finally found the mud springs thing I've been looking for for yonks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wootto...ett_Mud_Spring

Gosh.

A Jurassic mud spring in Wootton Bassett, who'd have thunk it?

And here's the creationist nutjob take on it:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidenc...year-surprise/

They've only been there since 4004 BC, plainly.

Whereas:

http://www.edinburghgeolsoc.org/edin...t/z_38_07.html

Of course the Septics have one too:

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk...-one-knows-why

But this one wanders about. :rollin

Tea: More of the roast turkey and sausage, some tinned peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: part of a thing on ITV4 about Marshall amps, making thereof.

NCIS S7 E20 "Moonlighting".

NCIS S16 E9 "Tailing Angie" wherein our heroes follow a gaolbird around to discover why she took the fall for her boyfriend.

It passed the time without being overly gripping.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 March 2021, 22:47.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

The Bedouin i ate with in the Rub' al khali a looong time ago used camping Gaz, actually, and the food was delicious. explaining why i didn't want to trade my old landy for several assault rifles was tricky though
                  Oh maybe they only do it for the tourists not the local gun runners?

https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000016816

The mode of subsistence of the herdsmen combines both symbiotic and parasitic relationships with the environment. The herds supply the herdsmen with transport, milk, hides, wool, and meat as well as goods for exchange with other economies. The dried dung of the animals is collected to provide fuel for the camp fires.

BR14 as Yuri!

Yuri Orlov: You know who's going to inherit the Earth? Arms dealers. Because everyone else is too busy killing each other. That's the secret to survival. Never go to war, especially with yourself.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    You're going to have to get an earlier 'night' than that for work tomorrow
                    Thanks mummy can you tuck me in please?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Thanks mummy can you tuck me in please?
                      My Nan used to do the best tucking in. When I used to go and stay with my grandparents during the school holidays, the bed was made with a series of sheets and blankets, all firmly tucked in so you could barely move. None of this duvet malarkey. I do keep thinking I should switch back to that but it's a right faff to make the bed in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X