• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

currently watching a serious load of sh1te on iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...ence-of-sewage

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      currently watching a serious load of sh1te on iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...ence-of-sewage
      Power from pish! - who knew?
      you could run Swindon on the amount posted in General.

Comment

Noticed three large clumps of spawn in the garden pond earlier.
        had frogs And newts last year, so hoping for the same again.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Apparently spring begins today.
          Indeed! Happy Vernal Equinox everybody!

Comment

The photo I thought was a bit of damp squib, taken of TCR tube station last weekend, got some rather positive feedback on this week's photography session.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I hope you kicked off Road Wars style, got thrown to the ground and cuffed, then received an apology and a replacement Irn-Bru once they realised they'd ****ed up and it was all on your dashcam

First on the black mirror here tonight was the minor motion picture premiere of 21 Bridges (2019), an Amazon Prime cop-chasing-cop-killers thing. It's fairly average of its kind, with the usual clichés ("Take the shot!") but harmless enough, I suppose

And as a little more pizzaz was needed, I turned to a rewatch of Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015). Now that's more like it

Though now, the scene in the concourse of Excel London (disguised via CGI as a mainline train station) that I know so well from attending the AWS Summit just reminds me that the farther end thereof is (was?) the London Nightingale Hospital

Finally, more from The Shield: S2E2 Dead Soldiers (TV Episode 2003) which culminates in a scene that one would consider horrific if one hadn't already seen that episode of Spooks where that woman's face is shoved into a deep fat fryer. Once again, the BBC leads the world

Getting to the point where the birds are starting up as I go to bed. I should probably go to bed earlier

Goodnight all
              No I bade him good night and hoped he enjoyed his chips.

I think I quite liked 21 Bridges fairly realistic with a decent pace I thought.

MI are like most modern Cruise Epics an excuse for a very small person to show off his muscles and ability to make women go weak at the knees basically a modern James Bond without Martinis though to be fair they are normally well made.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Power from pish! - who knew?
                you could run Swindon on the amount posted in General.
                Actually the Bedouin light dried camel dung to keep warm at night & cook. considering how rank Camels smell I suspect the food takes on an aroma that you may not enjoy.

Dinner last night was Steak & widney pie + chips and Irn Bru extra, bacon & eggs for breakfast with coffee and hummus & tomato on toast followed by 150g of natural yoghurt.

Ents was storybots with miss V3 , then Aquaman (Green lantern meets the ocean) special effects good, skin tight suits for Nicole Kidman & Amber Heard - I suspect they didn't bother with underwear - magical underwater queens don't have VPL , story line mediocre.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Actually the Bedouin light dried camel dung to keep warm at night & cook. considering how rank Camels smell I suspect the food takes on an aroma that you may not enjoy.
                  I don't think anyone enjoys the smell of Swindon either

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The Bedouin i ate with in the Rub' al khali a looong time ago used camping Gaz, actually, and the food was delicious. explaining why i didn't want to trade my old landy for several assault rifles was tricky though
                    Last edited by BR14; 20 March 2021, 19:29.

Comment

dinner has been sainsbury's ttd lasange and a nice Rioja.
                      excellent game watched earlier.
                      tv's a bit pish, so i'm going for montalbano on iPlayer.

Comment

Working...
                      X