• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The haggis was good, but my wife didn't like the addition of whiskey, so I ate half of hers. Yum. Bubble and squeak was properly bubbling and squeaking. More yum.

Dessert - burned brownies from my daughter-in-law.

Entertainment - Yes Minister, Reggie Perrin. Finishing the remains of the (small) bottle of whiskey bought for the haggis. Later today, I'll complete the system health check report program and fix the issues with Romanian invoices.

This evening, I'll take a five mile walk to meet my wife at her work place. Just looking out of my kitchen window, and I think we need to get a tree.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you are 50+ you can now book your covid vaccination.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Its quite bright but cloudy, dry. Chilly but feels nice and fresh. Currently 7 degrees with a high expected of 9. Rain expected after lunch with the sun making an appearance afterwards. Barometer up to 1031 mBar.

I had booked a collection of old tat and they were due between 0800 and 1300. Of course, they arrive at 0825 when I'm due on my only meeting of the morning at 0830. Fortunately, they had texted to advise of an approx arrival time so I was able to tell the meeting organiser that I'd be late. Only 6 minutes late in the end, and it would seem I missed nothing as the live testing wasn't working

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        The 'Eden Project' officially opens to the public in Cornwall 2001

Oh and happy St Patrick's Day to thems that like to celebrate it

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          If you are 50+ you can now book your covid vaccination.
          I read somewhere that the 40+ age group could well be targeted by the end of the month

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            One thing if I get the automatic fetching of titles for links working again is that a post like this, with five of them, would probably overstretch the server; it's crashed before now when I've posted similar posts at the same time that another process is running the mailing list. I need to find a better way
            You really are in the process of polishing a turd with this crock of tulipe.

Talk about cruel & unusual punishment.

Morning.

Dry.

Thin overcast with wan sunshine.

Warmish out, it was 16.8 deg in here earlier.

Was 1034 mBar, 30.53 inHg, earlier, now 1033 mBar, 30.5 inHg, 54% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

The road menders have arrived.

It's very noisy here.

Walk walked.

<hiatus>

The whole house is vibrating at the moment.

Lunch: poached egg & scrambled tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Another massacre of the brambles.

From observations this afternoon, it would appear that lawn mowing time has arrived once more.

Entertainment: Police Interceptors.

Tea the last of the roast chicken thighs with carrots & onions, the last of the tinned pears, a yog, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: STOS S1 E19 (according to the EPG) E18 "Arena".

Apparently this was of innerest to a previous incumbent of the forum.

Abandoned Engineering.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 March 2021, 19:49.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

God, what a faff! The new gig is confirmed, but the end client is an Office of State, so I'm having to provide all kinds of ridiculous details

Been dicking around emailing people for two hours now, all so they're satisfied that I was in fact recovering from open heart surgery and not banged up in HMP Belmarsh for a few months three years ago. Then there's multiple "online portals" to register with. It's so much hassle, I'm starting to wish I'd never bothered

Anyway; grey day, 7°C, 1023/1031mB.

Back to the fray…

Comment

Morning denizens

God, what a faff! The new gig is confirmed, but the end client is an Office of State, so I'm having to provide all kinds of ridiculous details

Been dicking around emailing people for two hours now, all so they're satisfied that I was in fact recovering from open heart surgery and not banged up in HMP Belmarsh for a few months three years ago. Then there's multiple "online portals" to register with. It's so much hassle, I'm starting to wish I'd never bothered

Anyway; grey day, 7°C, 1023/1031mB.

Back to the fray…

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

WHS

Congratulations!

Comment

Cheers all!

Now at the point where the agent emails "You need to send me X" and I reply "I sent it half-an-hour ago, here it is again" and he's "Oh sorry, missed it, also you need to send Y" and I'd sent him Y just before the one saying to send X arrived…

Comment

Cheers all!

Now at the point where the agent emails "You need to send me X" and I reply "I sent it half-an-hour ago, here it is again" and he's "Oh sorry, missed it, also you need to send Y" and I'd sent him Y just before the one saying to send X arrived…
                      See its back in the rut already. Congrats
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X