• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking the Toyota's MOT status repeatedly; they haven't done it yet, leading me to wonder why I was supposed to get it there for 9:30

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Checking the Toyota's MOT status repeatedly; they haven't done it yet, leading me to wonder why I was supposed to get it there for 9:30
      This is something that causes me much annoyance. Garages seem to get everyone in first thing in the morning and then do the MOTs based on who has shouted loudest on drop off.

It only takes about 30 mins to do the test so they ought to give timed slots and you turn up for the slot you're given and know that, barring anything unforseen happening, pick up will be at a particular time.

Comment

Failed

Leaky offside rear brake calliper, and something about the windscreen wipers not clearing the screen properly - I think that just needs new blades; I noticed last night that it left a thin arc right in front of me as if a couple of mm of the blade was missing, and vaguely remember there being a bit of twig or something being stuck behind it ages ago which had damaged it.

He can't get the part for the brake calliper until tomorrow, so I'll be leaving it with them for now

Comment

It's done 288 miles since 6 March last year. Probably about a third of that was driving down the M69 and back to charge the battery

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

This is something that causes me much annoyance. Garages seem to get everyone in first thing in the morning and then do the MOTs based on who has shouted loudest on drop off.

It only takes about 30 mins to do the test so they ought to give timed slots and you turn up for the slot you're given and know that, barring anything unforseen happening, pick up will be at a particular time.
            Yes, but they're a good lot down there so I don't mind too much. They asked me when booking, and again when I dropped it off, if I wanted to stay while they did it or if I was going home; they know I only live a few minutes' walk away. If I'd decided to stay, they'd probably have done it immediately after the one they were just getting on the lift when I was there, but I suppose if they know I'm sat at home in comfort it's fair enough to do other people who don't have that luxury first

Comment

Sainsbury's order will be coming between 20:09 - 21:09, in that weirdly precise-yet-vague way they have. Going to write a strongly-worded letter to the CEO should they have the temerity to arrive at 20:08:59 or 21:10:01

Comment

Failed

Leaky offside rear brake calliper, and something about the windscreen wipers not clearing the screen properly - I think that just needs new blades; I noticed last night that it left a thin arc right in front of me as if a couple of mm of the blade was missing, and vaguely remember there being a bit of twig or something being stuck behind it ages ago which had damaged it.

He can't get the part for the brake calliper until tomorrow, so I'll be leaving it with them for now
                That's vexing. Good job you didn't do any significant journeys with dodgy brakes...

Comment

Lunch was a cheese and ham toastie.

Not quite the same on wholemeal seeded bread, it really ought to be on cheap white bread.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's vexing. Good job you didn't do any significant journeys with dodgy brakes...
                    Apart from last night's epic drive around the ring roads

I don't think it can be a bad leak. The brake warning lights hadn't come on, and I've popped out the back and checked where it's parked, and there's no sign of anything having leaked onto the ground even though the car's parked within a few inches of the same position every time and has been standing there for long periods. So it's probably just a little oozing

Comment

Walk walked, green ring closed

Just a short one this afternoon, as I had the walk back from the garage this morning already to my credit

It's been dry all day, but it's still very windy out. So once I was a few minutes away, the weather cast an extremely cold shower upon me, while I was walking into the wind so it got driven into my face with the necessary degree of force

Comment

Working...
                      X