• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, and WTFH to WTFH??
    are we left with NATtT's even handed moderation as the sole arbiter of holyness?
    asking for a friend, like.

Comment

Re deleted posts, got an email from leader in the local "Don’t Lose Your Way" campaign re some maps that were no longer available and found them on Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/

Handy, couldn't recover DrS's ddha, djjd etc comments though.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

hi all, i'm just going outside, i may be some time.................

Hello there!

No idea what happened to WTFH. Hope he's ok. I did send him a PM but if he's not checking the forum then he won't have picked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Hello there!

No idea what happened to WTFH. Hope he's ok. I did send him a PM but if he's not checking the forum then he won't have picked it up.
          He tweets occasionally, so at least he still exists…

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Re deleted posts, got an email from leader in the local "Don’t Lose Your Way" campaign re some maps that were no longer available and found them on Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/

Handy, couldn't recover DrS's ddha, djjd etc comments though.
            That's a handy feature, I didn't know the Wayback Machine had. You can give it a specific URL and get them to capture it there and then so you can retain a copy of things that may change in the future (like when people delete dodgy tweets, I guess...)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              oh, and WTFH to WTFH??
              are we left with NATtT's even handed moderation as the sole arbiter of holyness?
              asking for a friend, like.
              Nice to see you back.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Nice to see you back.
                aye, -right.
                i'm sure you mean that Most sincerely.

Comment

Tea: chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

Due to my mismanagement of use-by dates, tomorrow will be chicken again, and also the second roast dinner of the week; for I have a Big Chicken that needs roasting

Comment

Megawindy out

Currently 18mph gusting to 33mph according to the Met Office; predicted 28mph by five tomorrow morning, but with gusts up to 52mph

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Who's been deleting posts?

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      That cheeky DrS has been tidying up after his tinkerings with one of the lesser known forum features...

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Yes, I assumed that was it. I thought they lent the place a certain ambience
                      Or not.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

He has form on this from a previous incarnation. What he doesn't know is that cojak and I have the powers of undelete. OTOH, since Nick fixed the forum (and I generally like the upgrade features), I can if I'm so moved, permanently posts. Which I've now duly done in accordance wth DS's wishes.
                      I saw little point in retaining rubbish in the forum that added nothing of value having satisfied my suspicions of it being possible.

In other news it looks like you can only multipost once in this iteration.

Let's see if this works.

In other other news, the barometer has dropped 15 mbar to 990 mbar, which might explain the howling gale outside.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 March 2021, 22:44.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X