• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove
    sfdgsdfg

Oh.

I've been wondering about that.

While it's trudging through whatever it's trudging through and the "write something here" box is still there, you can merrily post away multiple times.

Well there's a thing.

Brillo will be pleased.
    Doesn't surprise me TBQH

I might have a way of stopping that nonsense, but it'll probably be tricky.

I'll see about sorting out the post counts/ignore list stuff, as that's easier and seems OK on my test server - just need to check a few more things before deploying it

Comment

As I suspected would happen, the demolished wall in the back yard has been replaced with a fence, boasting an additional extra-high post or two to support the overhanging bit of the stable roof

But this meant the bins can once again be got out, the recycling bin being very nearly full. There was just enough space to cram in my stuff and trundle it out a day early, which meant I could bring in an almost-empty one from outside

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I had a moderately restless night, waking occasionally
        Oh waking! I really should put on my reading glasses.

Weather here continues fine but cold. Saw my grandkids today which was nice - my daughter-in-law made sausage and chips. I understand vegetables were available, and my son talked about some obscure refactoring he had to do on some code.

Meanwhile tonight, in my Römertopf (clay pot), we have steamin: dorado, pak choi with sesame oil, white wine, fresh parsley, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Sadly we had no fresh chilli. We'll have it with rice when my daughter has finished her Chinese level 2 lecture.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Who's been deleting posts?

I went to check the car ahead of its MOT tomorrow. It fired up straight away, which reassured me as to the state of the battery, and all the lights seem to be working OK. So then, as it was running, I took it out for a drive around just to ensure it was all working correctly.

I meandered around a bit and ended up heading out of the city to the Western Bypass, zoomed along there, back towards town on the A6, got in the wrong lane at a junction I can never remember the layout of and did a stint along the outer ring road as a result, then back into the city down Melton Road and the Golden Mile, and so around the inner ring road and home. All went smoothly, I got to see a few bits of the city I haven't seen in at least a year, and I must have driven for longer than I have in a year. I forgot to check the mileage at the end, but I suspect it'll turn out the car has done less than 300 miles since the last MOT

Comment

That cheeky DrS has been tidying up after his tinkerings with one of the lesser known forum features...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              That cheeky DrS has been tidying up after his tinkerings with one of the lesser known forum features...
              Yes, I assumed that was it. I thought they lent the place a certain ambience

Comment

Sainsbury's order coming tomorrow night. I was planning to go there on Friday, but then I decided to put it off for a week, as by then I'll be three weeks on from my vaccine (part one) and, in theory, almost invulnerable

Comment

hi all, i'm just going outside, i may be some time.................

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    He has form on this from a previous incarnation. What he doesn't know is that cojak and I have the powers of undelete. OTOH, since Nick fixed the forum (and I generally like the upgrade features), I can if I'm so moved, permanently posts. Which I've now duly done in accordance wth DS's wishes.

Dinner was unbelievable good. I'm so glad my kids got me a Römertopf for Christmas. All yummed up.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

hi all, i'm just going outside, i may be some time.................
                      Evening, and welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                      X