• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Thank you for the reminder!
    UPDATE: I still haven't made the bed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

UPDATE: I still haven't made the bed
      Mine is done

Comment

Don't make mine until just before I get into it. Supposed to reduce the number of dust mites.

Doesn't stop the Dinosaurs though.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Don't make mine until just before I get into it. Supposed to reduce the number of dust mites.

Doesn't stop the Dinosaurs though.
          I would have thought the best way to not get dust mites in your bed is to not sleep in it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Mine is done
            Mine too now

Comment

More 1978 animal fun, this time on Sunday evening as nature and the BBC intended, with S1E3 of All Creatures Great and Small, It Takes All Kinds.

And then onwards to the 1980s and a somewhat different world with S2E4 of The Americans, A Little Night Music

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry. It's 7 degrees ('feels like' 4) and is expected to reach 11 degrees and turn sunny as the day progresses. Low chance of rain. Breezy. Barometer down to 1030 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Captain Albert Berry performs the first parachute jump from an aeroplane 1912

Comment

Morning. Sunny but cold down here. Slight frost overnight, currenlty 4°C, expected to reach 13°C in the afternoon.

Neighbours in the apartment block up the hill from my house are steadily moving out in prep for the redevelopment. Quite sad really. Some have been there for more than 20 years.

Grandsprogs are over, but I'm working.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Is NAT trying to take WTFH's role on TPD this is worrying news...

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Bright.

Blue sky with what looks like high haze.

Coldish in here at 16.2 deg.

1029 mBar, 30.38 inHg, 54% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming oh so very brightly Roy.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Even less water in the res this morning.

<hiatus>

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toast, blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84% (83.68%).

Bored. Now. Must find sommat to do.

In other news: no Trucking Hell this afternoon.

<hiatus>

Potched a bit in the shed next door examining Strangelove Pater's and Strangelove GrandPater's collection of chisels and such like.

Made a half hearted attempt to sort same into some sort of useful order.

Then I washed the cars, which, it must be said, were filthy.

Can't remember the last time I did it, so it might be longer than a year.

Well the search function is now totally & utterly fecked.

That's a feature over many years, though the last one could be persuaded to do something.

This one, no fecking chance.

Tea: more of the roast beef, plus some custard (not on the roast beef but purely due to a surfeit of milk (rather than lamphreys) ), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Deep Space 9: "Trials and Tribble-ations" being the one where they go back to STOS.

Coast Great Guides: South Wales.

NCIS S16 E6 "beneath the surface" which includes a CIA dude even more untrustworthy than Trent Kort.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 March 2021, 22:20.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X