• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That reminded me I wanted to change the bed. Bed stripped, and mattress flipped for good measure; and I'm leaving the bedroom window open so it can air properly for a few hours
    I've decided it's now officially warm enough to keep the bedroom window open all the time. One thing I like about sash windows is being able to have them open just enough

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I've decided it's now officially warm enough to keep the bedroom window open all the time. One thing I like about sash windows is being able to have them open just enough
      I'm still closing mine at night. Down to freezing last night!

Comment

Bedsheet and pillow cases now out of the WM and hung up.

Towels (tea, bath, hand) all now in.

Once that's done, it'll be about time to see if I can go out find something suitable for my photography assignment.

Comment

Afternoon

Blue skies. Today was suppose to go up to 10 degrees but it hasn't gone passed 8.

Went for a drive yesterday to ensure my battery didn't go flat. The pavements near the parks were very busy.

I also noticed a few people had got out their vintage cars to do a drive also.

Today's highlight is emptying the bins and recycling for tomorrow's collection.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Towels out and hung up.

I was going to take a walk to Brompton Cemetary for a mooch about but decided instead that I was perfectly comfy on the sofa.

Temperature hasn't made it into double digits. It was chilly when I popped out to my little patio.

Some git has just put one of those Uber push bikes up against my railings. Makes a change, they're usually placed right across the pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Some git has just put one of those Uber push bikes up against my railings. Makes a change, they're usually placed right across the pavement.
              A couple of years ago I spent about every other week putting one of those damn bikes somewhere else in the street in a bike rack as someone was dumping them right Infront of my home. I contacted the company and told them to ban the rider otherwise I would take the matter further.

At the time TFL was talking to local councils to see if they should fine the companies a minimum of £800 for every bike a user dumps irresponsibility. I don't know what the outcome was but after 2 months the bikes stopped appearing...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I'd spent a good amount of time coming up with excuses not to bother, but finally decided the fresh air would do me good. Don't know if it did, but it was pleasant enough

It got up to about 11°C here during the day, but it's already back down to 7° now with the sun set and the sky clear.

As I got back, the sky was just at the level of dusk where Sirius was the only star bright enough to be visible, about halfway up in the SE

Comment

Suppose I ought to make the bed while I remember

Comment

Sirius was the only star bright enough to be visible, about halfway up in the SE
                    maybe that'll cheer her up a bit

Comment

Suppose I ought to make the bed while I remember
                      Thank you for the reminder!

Comment

Working...
                      X