• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She doesn't come upstairs, since her domain is downstairs. I'm just the obligatory giver of food and cuddles when I'm allowed down.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Bright but overcast and snowing. It's not settling in my little patio but I've also not ventured out to see what the street looks like. It's currently -1 ('feels like' -4) and it is likely to reach 1 degree later. Snow fall expected up to lunch time. Barometer up to 1006 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Women's slopestyle snowboarding makes its debut at the Sochi Winter Olympics in Russia 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        She doesn't come upstairs, since her domain is downstairs. I'm just the obligatory giver of food and cuddles when I'm allowed down.
        When I had a cat her domain was everywhere she wanted it to be

Comment

The bluebells in my garden appear to be spanish*.

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Cold very. 15.1 deg in here.

Sunny.

1005 mBar, 29.68 inHg, 53% RH.

Tuesday.

*I'm thinking of having an Armada.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the glorious sunshine & rather less glorious semigale that's so lazy it goes straight through you.

Couldn't feel my fingers until I'd got to the top & started back down again.

Had to put the hood up to prevent hypothermia.

In other news, the gifted orchid has demised, much as I thought it probably would.

Unfortunately so has the maidenhair fern.

It's been so magnificent for all these years.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup, very green, with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Potching down in the garage today.

The work bench bequeathed by Ernie, the husband of the late Louis, reached a state of such decrepitude after a mere 55 years or so that replacing two of the legs became necessary.

Having made said two legs almosst identical, have now discovered that the beam at the back is an inch taller than the beam at the front, being second hand like everything else.

Getting the planks that previously made up the underbench shelf out required the use of the circular saw due to access problems.

The existing legs will have to be sawn off too while I can still get at the damn things.

Oh the joys of potching.

Amazingly enough it was light enough to stay in potch mode until 17:30.

Couldn't have done that a month ago.

I'm quite impressed with the padded Lidl(tm) keep you warm in the arctic set of overalls.

A good buy back in 2010ish.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Medical Detectives: some scumbag who drowned his wife in a hotel bath got life, then plea bargained down to 30 years, another scumbag who killed a lady whose car broke down: this one got the death sentence.

NCIS S6 E24, mostly coz I can't find anything else. Not quite word perfect on this one.

The Bad Skin Clinic on Quest Red at 22:00.

I wonder what pustulent goodness will transpire this evening.

Erythema nodosum: painful red lumps on his legs & feet, recurring over 8 years.

Blood tests & bowel investigation. Despite having bloody stools & mucus he'd never thought to have it investigated.

MRI scan and a colonoscopy. Oh bet that was fun.

He's got Crohn's disease.

Now a lady with a large lipoma on her waist, about the size of half a bowl.

The doctor just said "Oh dear" when looking at her MRI scan.

Oh, the lipoma is between muscles, so it's going to be done under GA.

Oh the disappointment.

Oh, the GA is underway. And there it is done. Nice job after a week.

Now a lady with skin tags and lumps and bumps around her head & neck.

Seborrhoeic Keratosis: the big ones will be scraped off (), assorted unguents for the others, plus a suncream to reduce the effect of UV.

So that's how you cut and scrape seborrhoeic warts off.

Now a 22 year old with psoriasis, poor thing.

Guttate psoriasis. An after effect of Strep throat. The antibiotics clear the strep but the psoriasis remains.

Creams & stuff, nice result after 3 months.

In other other news, the Dynorod people were here this afternoon due to the drains next door but 1 being blocked.

Turns out that the drains next door are also in need of attention, though I'm sure my relations will put it off until there's a river of tulipe flowing down the garden path.

Looked in the manhole outside my property & it looks ok.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 February 2021, 22:57.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            The bluebells in my garden appear to be spanish.
            Crush the invaders!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's snowing and has been since about 7am.

The runners are still running on the pavements even though everyone has been told by the ambulance service to take care.

I had to empty my refuse and recycling into the outside bin. Luckily I timed it before there was a fresh layer of snow on them.

It is cold....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Me new little van arrived yesterday but not taken it out yet due to the damn snow. Just spent 15 mins desnowing it so I can take it out for a drive a bit later. The Great God Sod strikes again.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a decent night's sleep last night. I vaguely remember being woken by a mildly unsettling dream at one point, but I can't remember any details so it can't have been that unsettling

Meanwhile, the snow has been quietly doing its thing outside and there's a fairly comprehensive covering now, which is continuing to build up slowly but steadily

Not too thick though; only about an inch or so, and the main road and its pavements seem to have recovered already. Probably a good idea to avoid the side roads for now though.

Currently -1°C with a "feels like" of -5°, barometers 999/1006mB, and snow predicted to pause mid-afternoon but otherwise continue into the night with probabilities between 70% now and 40% later

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    When I had a cat her domain was everywhere she wanted it to be
                    That used to be the case, but then arthritis got her hips...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Still snowing here in a half-hearted way. Forecast has been updated to show that more snow is expected from 8pm or thereabouts. If it wasn't so cold, I'd pop out and see if much has settled on the street. Being cocooned in my basement flat with just a little patio does often leave me surprised at more general weather conditions.

Comment

Working...
                      X