• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2855367

If any mods ask you ain't seen me. Snitches get stitches....
    The only mod who posted here hasn't been seen for a goodly while so you're safe.

How are you banned if you're not banned?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The only mod who posted here hasn't been seen for a goodly while so you're safe.

How are you banned if you're not banned?
      I suspect because NAT did it and NAT's two achievements in live on here are:

i) Being unable to ban some users even when he tries to
      ii) Banning himself.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Kantar, the post survey people, are looking for more people who are willing to send and receive letters and parcels to test Royal Mail performance.

If you want to do lots of admin and send/receive lots of pointless post in return for an occasional voucher and monthly books of stamps you won't use (although getting the Christmas stamps is very handy), then you can sign up here:

TNS Postal Panel: Royal Mail Private postal survey referral code is REFERRAL0121. I have no idea if I get anything for a referral. Probably more stamps.

There's no cost outlay, just your time.

Comment

Back on The Pink Stuff, this time addressing some long-congealed patches of vegetable oil which have been attracting a patina of muck on a tucked-away bit of lino in the kitchen, next to the water heater, for a good ten years or so, resisting all previous attempts to clean them

Gone in two minutes

And one additional observation: I used a J Cloth (well, Sainsbury's own-brand equivalent) which, once the job was done, was in an utterly foul state, as one might expect; looked like it was fit only for the bin, and the bin might reject it. Run it under the hot tap for a minute: clean as a whistle

I suppose it's because said Stuff is mainly concentrated soap, so once the cloth is run under the tap, it just carries all the muck away. But it's literally back to the point where I can ball it up, get it sopping wet, wring it out, and only clean water comes out. It's saving me a fortune on cheap own-brand J Cloths

Comment

I don't have any deep-set grime that needs cleaning up but all this product placement is having the effect of making me think I need Pink Stuff in my life

I do need to clean my oven, mainly the door, for which I have historically used Astonish. Made in Bradford, dontcha know.

Comment

I don't have any deep-set grime that needs cleaning up but all this product placement is having the effect of making me think I need Pink Stuff in my life

I do need to clean my oven, mainly the door, for which I have historically used Astonish. Made in Bradford, dontcha know.
              Unsurprisingly, my oven could also do with (i.e. is desperately in need of) a clean - I'll have to give that a go

Comment

Surveyor has been. As anticipated, all she really did was look around the place; and it seems the radiators will mostly go in the spots I thought they might, which isn't too bad as they're spots that won't drastically inconvenience me, though it might put paid to my plan to put up more bookcases

She wanted to know when I could get stuff moved by, and I basically shrugged my shoulders because I haven't managed it in any recent years so who knows? My attitude is that if they give me a couple of weeks notice, I'll sort things out ready, whereas they seem to be thinking in terms of I tell them when it's ready and then they'll schedule it. But as she kept on being really vague about how they'd access stuff and so on, I don't know for sure what needs to move

It'd be easier if the whole thing drags on until the warm weather returns, as then I could just move stuff in front of the fire temporarily as I won't be using it. But I'm not doing that in the middle of winter and then being told thank you very much, we'll be there next month

Comment

Late lunch: makeshift hotdog, constructed by wrapping a frankfurter in the last thick slice of sesame bloomer

Comment

Kantar, the post survey people, are looking for more people who are willing to send and receive letters and parcels to test Royal Mail performance.

If you want to do lots of admin and send/receive lots of pointless post in return for an occasional voucher and monthly books of stamps you won't use (although getting the Christmas stamps is very handy), then you can sign up here:

TNS Postal Panel: Royal Mail Private postal survey referral code is REFERRAL0121. I have no idea if I get anything for a referral. Probably more stamps.

There's no cost outlay, just your time.
                    I use to do it and then someone sent me addressed junk mail using by fictional initials.

It was good not having to buy stamps for 4 years (well about 6) when they decided they didn't want me anymore.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I cleaned the part of the frame that opens of the bathroom window. I'm sure I cleaned it in summer but it was full of grime.

I think I'm missing Pink Stuff....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X