• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: lamb scouse with sesame bloomer

Raining here now, and apparently going to continue to do so through the night

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I don't wear shoes inside as it saves cleaning the floors all the time.
      Ditto. Shoe free house(s) for 20 years now.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Tonight's viewing has been The Americans: S1E10 Only You (TV Episode 2013), S1E11 Covert War (TV Episode 2013), and S1E12 The Oath (TV Episode 2013)

Raining a lot out. I shall fall asleep to the sounds of trickles from where the landlord failed miserably in fixing the gutter, though at least he got my windows unstuck while he was up the ladder

Goodnight all

Comment

Desperate calls from SA looking to source Ivermectin to treat Covid. Not licensed here, and no approval from BMJ, WHO or FDA. They have no vaccination going on there at all (they haven't approved any either, and their Govt. are complaining that they are being pushed out...).
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Wet from overnight rain but no active precipitation at present. Hazy sky that will cloud over fully as the day progresses with rain due later this afternoon / evening. Currently an almost spring-like 11 degrees that may squeak up to 13. Barometer down to 1001 mBar.

Woke up with a headache. Tired. Want to go back to bed.

ClientCo have recruited some BAs and I have to do a handover of two projects to them today. There's not much to handover so hopefully that won't take long.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Jane Austen's novel 'Pride and Prejudice' is first published in the United Kingdom 1813

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dry (as in no current rain, hail, drizzle, snow, or murrain of beasts).

Sunless.

Warm. 16.5 deg in here.

1002.5 mBar, 29.6 inHg, 54% RH.

Thursday apparently.

I wasn't awakened by the refuse disposal engineers so must have slept quite well.

<hiatus>

Good reason for this, they'd done the bins & bin bags but the noisy tins & glass is on its way right now.

Walk walked.

Rather pleasant today since there was no detectable precipitation, mist or drizzle, it being rather warm in comparison with earlier in the week & considerably less dangerous underfoot.

In a turn up for the book, there was a much younger oik progressing up the hill and he was making slightly faster progress than I, having the advantage of being half a century younger, though somewhat plumper.

Cleaned the leaves out of the drain by the cemetery to avoid the deluge flowing down to the next one.

In other news, there was an interment about to progress in said cemetery, judging by the dress of the lady about to conduct the service.

Was amazed to see that the gutters had been cleaned on the main road, though the road up the hill is untouched.

The internal guttering in the garage appears to have collected nearly a quarter of a pint of water, so success on that measure at least.

Lunch: Heinz ham and pea soup, Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, blackcurrant jam sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 84% (83.6 something%).

It's drizzling out there now.

I feel the urge to potch in the tin shed again.

<hiatus>

Potching in the tinshed involved sussing out where to put a light switch for the flu tube I've just nicked from next door's shed.

Took yonks to get it going, but after much checking it turned out that the starter was fecked, so nicked the starter from the other flu tube in next door's shed after which the fitting leapt into life.

After much searching I found the packet of 3 starters I bought some time ago, thusly one of those has been installed.

The fitting is ever so slightly rusty so I've painted the reflector bit with radiator paint to reflect a bit more light than the rust would.

Tomorrow I may install the fitting in the tin shed & wire it up.

I may also nick the other fitting from next door's shed since that's likely to fall down (the shed, that is, the fitting having been fitted by Strangelove Pater would probably survive armageddon) before anyone notices it's gone, plus there's no electricity down there any more.

In other news the misty drizzle or drizzly mist has returned to the extent that the bottom of the garden became invisible.

Tea: the first of the new batch of chilli con carne, which seemed less flavoursome than the last batch but there you go, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Bits & pieces of 84 Charing Cross Road.

The last 10 minutes of the DS9 ep where they're stuck in the holosuite again, with the good Doctor Bashir as a Bond character and Sisko as "Doctor Noah".

Followed by the last couple of minutes of "For the world is hollow & I have touched the sky" with the WWWC, Spock, and the Doctor messing about with someone else's generation ship.

Prime Directive? Wot Prime Directive?

Next: Robson Green completing his east to west walk of Hadrian's Wall.

Robson Green was quite inneresting, one part of it almost made me want to fly an autogyro, something I've studiously avoided since "You Only Live Twice".

Followed by a thing about John Wayne on Sky Arts, which was also pretty inneresting, including the clip from "The Conqueror" which I must get around to watching some day since it resides in one of the piles of dvds on the stairs.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 January 2021, 23:07.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning

Woke up tired.

Had shopping delivered.

Zzzzzzz....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Neither do I, but this is the little lobby area inside the door of the flat where I take my shoes off

Though as I need to pass through there to get to the kitchen and the bathroom, the accumulated crap has also gradually spread through the rest of the flat on my slippers

Late acknowledgement of the zenchury.

All that talk of slippers distracted me

Comment

Morning denizens

The weather app says "foggy" but it's actually high wispy cloud with patches of blue and the sun even coming out from time to time

Temperature currently 9°C and destined for 12° for a brief time this afternoon; pressure 990/997mB.

Apparently it'll almost certainly rain this evening, which is annoying as I was thinking of going to the chip shop for tea, incorporating it into my daily constitutional

Have to see what happens nearer the time I suppose…

Comment

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2855367

If any mods ask you ain't seen me. Snitches get stitches....

Comment

Working...
                      X