• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Bit of a odd question but I’m thinking of growing chillis this year.

Any recommendations on the type of chilli I should be looking at? I’m perusing seed websites at the mo.
    I grew these one year (picked up a plant from the local farmers' market). Not too hot but definitely had a kick and very pretty as they ripen.

Razzamatazz chilli seeds

Need to have them in full sun and don't water too frequently. You can let the plant almost get to wilting stage before you need to water it again (which is perfect for me as I'm not a good gardener).

In theory you should be able to overwinter it but I wasn't successful.

Comment

Well, what a to-do that's been!

The lamb scouse took longer than anticipated because the bulk of the ingredients were straight out of the fridge; I usually use water from the kettle, so it comes to pressure quite quickly, but not this time. So it ended up being ready and reduced to about the right thickness shortly before the Big Chicken was ready, meaning I had to work around it for much of the time.

Then, once I'd finally sorted out dinner and the scouse was still cooling, I sat down to eat. And, as I'd suspected would happen, about three mouthfuls in the phone goes and it's the Sainsbury's delivery chap down at the front door an hour or more early.

So I had to rush down and get that lot and cart it back up. I then abandoned it just inside the flat door and came back to finish my meal.

And once I'd done that, I then did the washing up and carted the shopping into the kitchen and put that away, and washed my hands for the umpteenth time, then divvied up the scouse ready for the fridge.

So, to sum up: tea was an extremely nice roast chicken dinner, and came as a welcome two-part respite amidst a helter-skelter round of activity

Comment

The Norwegians seem to have been inspired by The Wave and The Quake and decided that what the world needs is more Norwegian disaster movies; and I'm not about to disagree. So tonight's Norwegian disaster movie was Tunnelen (2019), or The Tunnel, and although it doesn't stretch to the same level as the other two in the SFX department, it's still pretty good; and Free With Prime right now, if you want it

I note in passing (in case I didn't note it with the first two) that "-en" is a suffix to denote the definite article in the Scandinavian languages; hence "tunnelen", the tunnel, "borgen", the castle, and so on

And after that Nordic excitement, back to Nordic brooding with Bron/Broen S3E1, S3E2, and S3E3

("bro" bridge "broen" the bridge "bron" the bridge with the "e" elided in Swedish? I dunno, ask a linguist; but probably.)

Goodnight all

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love...

Last night was "This Farming Life" and episode 2 of "The Pembrokeshire Murders" (familiar territory, since I worked in Haverfordwest, Cleddyd Bridge).
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Comment

Morning all

Dry and hazy this morning, potential for sunshine I'd say. Currently 1 degree, will get up to 4 later. Rain expected this evening but should be nice enough day time. Barometer has lept up to 1028 mBar.

Off for blood tests this morning.

Had to tell the Chinese PM (PowerPoint Monkey, not the supreme leader) that I wouldn't be putting their company's signature on my emails as I don't work for them, and it would be inappropriate for me to pretend to be an employee. Easier than explaining the death by a thousand cuts IR35 angle.

Edibles delivery from The Game Bird at The Stafford Hotel is due today.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Chinese scientists confirm they have germinated a cotton seed on the moon aboard the 'Chang'e-4 Lander' 2019

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts (though not the parts I'm currently looking at).

Colder. 16.1 deg in here.

1029 mBar, 30.38 inHg, 55% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Sheets in WM2.

The sheer excitement of life is palpable.

<hiatus>

Smalls still in the TD.

Shirts out of the WM & awaiting the random number generator on the TD to reach 000.

Cottons in WM1 on the shirts setting, bumped up to 60 deg C with the steaming option turned off.

It's over an hour quicker than the cottons option and seems to work just as well.

Meanwhile the sheets are in WM2 and have an hour and three quarters to go.

Once the smalls are out, I'll be off for a walk in the wan sunshine we are currently blessed with.

Smalls out of the TD when it went from 0:02 to 0:09 and pissed me off.

Shirts in the TD.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the wan sunshine.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly blackcurrant jam on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cottons out of the WMs and into the TD.

I was going to hang the sheets on the line but in the end I couldn't be arsed.

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the banisters.

Bit more potching tinsheddery done.

Afternoon entertainment: Sewermen S2 E11 & 12.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, consumed listening to that rather unfunny News Quiz with the obnoxious Kumar character spouting his bile. Bread rolls were needed to throw at the wireless.

Entertainment: The Seventies, this ep being about Watergate & Richard Milhous Nixon.

Susan Calman's Grand Day Out in the Lakes.

"Left Hand Down a bit" in best Navy Lark traditions.

Stone me, small campervans are expensive.

I can't figure out the make of the van she's driving.

Followed 15 minutes of "Blade Runner 2049" which is about as much of that I can tolerate.

Now: "Something's killing me": about niemann pick type c and the use of cyclodextrin.

Yet another genetic disease.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 January 2021, 21:41.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

Eating toast with coffee.

Hole diggers turned up at 7am. Can hear the rumbling in the background.

Sky is hazy and it is 1 degrees.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Comment

Popped out to the doctor's to give half a dozen vials for blood tests. Not impressed at being poked in the bicep by the nurse and being asked, "have you always been big?, You're not big boned, this is all fat, you need to lose weight". HWMBO says I should complain! I don't think he meant complain on TPD

As it was a fasting test, I felt obliged to have a nice breakfast on my return. Scrambled eggs on a toasted muffin with a coffee has gone down nicely.

Chilly out but it's bright and the earlier haze has lifted.

Comment

Working...
                      X