• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Very frosty.

Cold.

Sky blue in parts, pinky yellow in others.

15.1 deg in here.

1012 mBar, 29.88 inHg, 56% RH.

Friday by all accounts.

70th anniversary of "The Archers" by other reports.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Quite grey out there though the sky is blue in parts.

Not sunny.

Quite raw.

More ice on the ponds.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (non crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, some corner yog or other, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Afternoon entertainment: the start of "Joe Kidd (1972)".

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, two Morrisons lattice top mince pies, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the end of "Joe Kidd (1972)".

"Doctor Who (2021)" with Cap'n Jack and a shedload of Daleks and wannabe Daleks.

Amusing enough in its way but overlong.

Now: nothing.

I may read more of the equally tedious book I've been reading for yonks.

The other book I'm reading turned out to be an anthology of Welsh short stories based in the valleys ("Dan Y Graig"), there's tidy then, back in the 60s & 70s.

I'd like to say it was slightly amusing but it's not a patch on "Selected Exits".
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2021, 20:19.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Big lump of cake from another lady neighbour. Lasted 3 minutes.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Comment

Morning.

The people surrounding me who haven't extended their houses loads have bigger gardens so where burning their money from 8pm until 12:10am. I have a feeling the local dogs and cats didn't enjoy it.

Anyway staring a Boss Baby or similar. Need coffee....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

HNY all. Early night which was hastened by a bottle Champagne, followed by another of Cremant.

Korean Fried Chicken was suitably rewarding, but astonishing in the calorific value. My new favourite recipe.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

morning, just.
              that geezer nauseus has been round again.
              Happy New Year peeps.

Comment

HNY everyone. Although that's old news now.

Just about to get up. HWMBO says he's hungover which is rare for him. He's still going to cook up some blinis for the caviar Sketch delivered yesterday.

Will do the usual report when I've toddled down to check the barometer.

Comment

So it's currently 2 degrees and dry. Overcast but seems bright. Chance of snow but only a minor bit of fluff that is unlikely to settle. High will be 4 degrees and it's likely to rain later. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Jair Bolsonaro begins his four year term as President of Brazil 2019

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out; it was raining earlier, but it's stopped for now; 60% chance of moron the next hour, though

Currently a balmy 4°C out there, with air pressure being 1001mB, or 1009mB when adjusted for altitude.

Comment

Late lunch: chicken and barley soup with a thick crust from a multiseed loaf

Comment

Working...
                      X