• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

In exciting news, HWMBO arrives today Staying for approx 3 weeks and he has to deliver a residential course at Wyboston Lakes for a few days (as it's a work trip he's allowed to travel).
    In which case could I suggest The Connaught hotel’s New Year takeaway... for GBP415 | News | The Sunday Times for Thursday night.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      We did look at this

The Dorchester at Home | The Dorchester | Dorchester Collection

They even supply the crockery and cutlery!

EDIT: The Connaught aren't accepting bookings, they appear to be closed
      Last edited by ladymuck; 28 December 2020, 09:23.

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Sunny.

Not precipitating.

Cold. 16 deg in here.

White fluffy clouds.

974 mBar, 28.76 inHg, and 58% RH.

Telex machine a bit dusty this morning.

Monday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Snow on the hills further up the valley.

There's tidy then, boyo.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust, very thick), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea and a choc biscuit Leibnitz thing.

<hiatus>

Them next door haven't heard of the oddly named letter I received on Xmas eve.

Why do I always get this stuff?

Someone must be out to get me.

I used to get letters from the council about some oik who owed £1700 of council tax from when he lived up the top of the road between the vets and the Chinese takeaway.

I've written return to sender on it & I'll take it up the post office tomorrow.

The afternoon has been spent putting the last fillet of concrete in the tin shed, followed by a bit of designing of the work bench I'm putting in there using some of the timber bequeathed by Strangelove Pater.

And some of the pallets left by the builders.

<hiatus>

Tea: Tesco lamb's liver and bacon with onion gravy (gravy was a bit odd but there you go), yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Weatherman Walking: Cardiff Bay & some place in north Wales".

Tudur Owen's TV Flashback: amusing enough.

Last 20 minutes of STOS S2 E11 "Friday's child" of which I have no recollection though I must have seen it before.

Filmed around Vasquez Rocks though sans a Gorn.

Great British Car Journey's S2 E1, Yorkshire, wherein James & Tristan revisit their haunts of 40 years ago.

It's the one with the Stanley Steamer.

Next: Xmas Lectures (if I find it sufficiently gripping).

It wasn't.

However "Wild (2014)" was.

Wild (2014) - IMDb

If you like films about trekking 1100 miles up the Pacific Crest Trail.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 December 2020, 22:48.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
          very misty
          monday

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, supposedly foggy (but not so you'd notice, or not here at any rate). Currently at 1°C though we may reach a high of 2° later; the snow that was forecast has been downgraded to a 30% probability some time in the early hours of tomorrow morning

Barometer: raw 964mB, adjusted 971mB.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Handy if the chip shop's closed, I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                EDIT: The Connaught aren't accepting bookings, they appear to be closed
                Slunk away with their tail between their legs when they realised the chip shop was actually open

Comment

I decided to have a look at what the 'guests' to the forum are looking at.

Some really odd (and old!) stuff. Made me aware of drivel I didn't even know existed which, to be honest, is about 99% of the content held here.

Comment

Yeh, but there's good drivel and bad drivel.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X