• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am contemplating a new gaming PC in the hope that I will get back into it. That didn't work with the last rig I bought in 2014 so it's one more try before I give up entirely and just end up with a vastly over specced computer for work.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I am contemplating a new gaming PC in the hope that I will get back into it. That didn't work with the last rig I bought in 2014 so it's one more try before I give up entirely and just end up with a vastly over specced computer for work.
      Imagine the spreadsheets you can run with a 16 core computer....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Finished off the last four mini pork pies for lunch

They were two days past their use-by date, but I'm sure they'll be fine. Tasted the same, anyway

I was going to have them for Christmas Day breakfast, pork pie being a traditional thing for that occasion round here, but I forgot

Comment

Decided I hadn't listened to Relics for far too long so that's now having a blast
          Yeah, cool, man.

Relics: Amazon.co.uk: Music
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Enjoy your exercise (given that your only excuses for going outside is essential shopping and exercise).
            Exercise duly done!

Pace slower than previous due to heading up to Holland Park and urchins getting in the way.

Checked out the recycling bank they have there which has a bin for electricals. Specifically no computers but the other products they accept all have printed circuit boards in them of some flavour so surely my components are ok? I have emailed the recycling plant at Wandsworth, where most stuff goes, to see what they say on the matter.

Comment

Oh and it's lovely out. Sunny, crisp, dry. Perfect stomping about weather.

Comment

Geez, windoze is slow.
                20 minutes into 'create recovery drive' FFS!
                I can clone a Z/OS2.4 full stack in 35 minutes.
                bloody toy systems.
                Aaaaaaaarrrrrgghhhhhh

Comment

Nice walk around the 'hood in the sunshine. 2.5 miles and saw an old dear being carted off by Ambiwlans. At least she was conscious and sat up. Friend of ours who is on the logistics team at our local NHS hospital told us they have no beds, due to a surfeit of Covid cases.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Checked out the recycling bank they have there which has a bin for electricals. Specifically no computers but the other products they accept all have printed circuit boards in them of some flavour so surely my components are ok? I have emailed the recycling plant at Wandsworth, where most stuff goes, to see what they say on the matter.
                    They do seem a bit odd about that. I was told at the local tip to put some computer bits in the container for TVs, not the "small appliances" skip, for no very clear reason because, as you say, almost anything with a plug has electronics in it these days and there can't be that much difference between a board with a microcontroller in a toaster and an old ISA card with a UART on it

Comment

Had a shower and thought I'd have to put off going for a walk so my hair could dry. But of course I had a haircut the other week, so less than twenty minutes later it's pretty much dry

It'll make a nice change to amble around out there while there's still some light left

Comment

Working...
                      X