• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast lamb dinner for tea, and exceedingly nice it was

I now need to decide whether to use the rest for Scotch broth or scouse. Or I could split the stock (once I've made it) 50-50 and do both, which might be best

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      they have some very ingenious machines in sweet factories.
      quite amazing, really.
      i do love engineering.
      I caught the end of the programme about the Quality Street factory and I agree wholeheartedly - I wouldn't mind seeing the first forty or so minutes of it some time

I seem to have forgotten to record it earlier, but having already garnered a chunk of exercise credit from bins and a quick walk to the Co-op and back, a bit of additional exercise bicycling while the lamb roasted got the green ring closed

And the rest of tonight's viewing was the remaining bit of Hospital whilst dining, and then more of Bron/Broen: S2E5, S2E6, and S2E7

To round the evening off, I suddenly thought that my driving licence might be due for renewal this year, hauled it out to check, and discovered it had expired in July without any notification from DVLA

But it turns out it was automatically extended by eleven months because of the coronavirus, so I can worry about it next year

I'm not sure why it was due in July though. I passed my test nineteen years ago around this time, which is what made me think of it, so I don't know how July got into the equation

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love...

Last night's Korean was from a different New Malden "enterprise". Equally delicious. Seafood kimchi pancakes, in particular.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning

Dark.

Dry.

Warm at 17.8 deg in here.

Windy.

1004 mBar, 29.65inHg, and 60% RH.

Very irritated.

Woke at 05:55.

Very hot in bed.

Put hole in bedsheet with toe.

Unable to even doze properly.

Friday.

Pissed off, very pissed off.

Phone call from some scamming scumbag at 07:00 but it rang off before I could pound the receiver on the table.

Fed The Cat, who seemed quite pleased to see me at 07:00.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Religious bedsheets in the Other WM.

It can only go downhill from here.

I was contemplating the DSOTM doze in the chair approach but I suspect I'm far far far too irritated for that to work.

Now there's some Tory ERG Government scumbag busily lying away on the Today prog.

<starts oiling the AK>

<hiatus>

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Off out for a walk now.

I may be some time.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Again it was dry for the walk, with the drizzle commencing as I opened the back door.

Hammering down now.

Shirts out of the TD.

Jeans into the TD.

Shirts duly ironed or as Ironed as they're ever likely to get.

Many of said shirts are really way past the ragbag time.

Still awaiting the emergence of the cottons from WM1 and the sheets from WM2, this likely to occur first.

The random number generator on the TD is noncommittal on the emergence of the jeans from said device.

It'll get down to 3 minutes then increase to 24 if it's anything like normal.

The initial blackness of the sky changed to a lighter shade of pale grey, now it's dark grey verging on light black.

<hiatus>

Freecell score 100% (of 1 play), running average 84% (83.58%).

Cottons out of WM1 and into TD along with the bedsheets that were already in there with 30 minutes to go.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (quite leathery) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (non crust), bramble jelly on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Cottons out of the TD: thusly washing is done, dusted, fluff removed, and airing over the banisters.

Read some more of "Never had it so good", this bit being about immigration.

Had a quick potch in the tin shed and discovered that there's more water coming in now than there was when I started.

I'll have to get some tanking compound.

Afternoon entertainment: the final two eps of Trucking Hell, one of which I've seen before.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, the last of the tin of peaches (BBE 2014) with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Walking Britain's lost railways at 20:00 on 5.

All about the Great Central Railway, starting in Nottingham, thence to Luffbra, onwards to Leicester.

Neil Brand's The sound of TV on BBC4 at 21:00.

I put the heating on earlier & it's now reached a quite moderate 25 Lidl deg C so I've turned it off again.

Had an undeletable advert on FB, so I blocked it instead.

<hiatus>

Pissing down now, sufficiently hard to make the HD Freesat drop out, though the SD is ok.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 December 2020, 22:45.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I caught the end of the programme about the Quality Street factory and I agree wholeheartedly - I wouldn't mind seeing the first forty or so minutes of it some time

I seem to have forgotten to record it earlier, but having already garnered a chunk of exercise credit from bins and a quick walk to the Co-op and back, a bit of additional exercise bicycling while the lamb roasted got the green ring closed

And the rest of tonight's viewing was the remaining bit of Hospital whilst dining, and then more of Bron/Broen: S2E5, S2E6, and S2E7

To round the evening off, I suddenly thought that my driving licence might be due for renewal this year, hauled it out to check, and discovered it had expired in July without any notification from DVLA

But it turns out it was automatically extended by eleven months because of the coronavirus, so I can worry about it next year

I'm not sure why it was due in July though. I passed my test nineteen years ago around this time, which is what made me think of it, so I don't know how July got into the equation
            Is it a photocard license? The expiry is linked to when you got the card, not when you passed your test. Mine expired recently and I couldn't hire a car in Scotlandshire because of it, so pooey to the alleged extention. Renewal was quick though.

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp and overcast this morning. Woke up at 6.30 am and heard rain. Currently 11 degrees, will get up to 12. Rain due around lunchtime. Barometer down a little to 1012 mBar.

First coffee nearly finished.

I have followed NF's top tip and put DrS's post into a separate tab so I can stay up to date.

Comment

There's a car alarm going off.

When this happens it always makes me wonder if it's my car as I can never remember what my alarm sounds like (and many makes of car have the same alarms, it would seem).

I also know that when I finally get up, find my keys and go out, it will have stopped and I'll be none the wiser.

Comment

Virtual Xmas Do this afternoon - all in "own time" so no chance of billing. Good for MoO and SD&C.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I was down in West London earlier. Nicking a battered heap of junk. The alarm went off - but the owner did not seem to care.

Sadly it would not start. So I just stole the contents. Well I would have if anything worth stealing. 53 bottles of spirits ALL empty? And a catwoman outfit - sadly not my size....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      i think there may be a clue in 'caribbean'
                      Not banned yet? You must be getting REALLY old.....

Comment

Working...
                      X