• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Thanks for the reminder to check we have a descaler kit in the house (not that we need it with our water but the Nespresso machine still insists).
    I thought at first it was asking for a descaling and I spent way too much time looking for the kits I know I have. I'll now have to order some, as I couldn't find them, which means the damn things will turn up.

Comment

Can see everyone's thanks and likes again.

Oddly I only have had about 2 posters on ignore and I think they have been banned. Though one has come back....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I thought at first it was asking for a descaling and I spent way too much time looking for the kits I know I have. I'll now have to order some, as I couldn't find them, which means the damn things will turn up.
        Just checked we have 3 so no need to order any
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

No current precipitation though it was heavy overnight.

Blue sky.

Pinky white clouds.

17 deg in here.

1011 mBar and 60% RH. 29.85" Hg.

Thursday.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Oddly I only have had about 2 posters on ignore and I think they have been banned. Though one has come back....

You're not trying hard enough.

Blue sky disappeared along with the pinky clouds.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Timed it just right since there was intermittent drizzle but it's started raining as I walked in through the back door.

<hiatus>

Email & news read.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          DrS! Can you please stop updating your first post of the day throughout the day? I keep missing your updates

Er, no. HTH. It minimizes my post count.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup, Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrions wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Afternoon entertainment: 2 x Trucking Hell on Paramount.

Now: Money for Nothing on Really.

3 items salvaged from the municipal dump are "refurbished".

One: A Bush DAC90A wireless which is being "restored" by being destroyed by being turned into a valve powered loudspeaker FFS.

Two: an Ercol table that's been out in the rain. This chap is a bit more into restoring stuff rather than fecking it sideways.

Three: a 1960s cardboard suitcase which is being transformed by sticking stuff on it.

Not impressed with the fechwhit buggering up the wireless.

The disadvantage of Really at this time of day is the Old Farts Dating from "OurTime".

Originally posted by BBC webtulipe
          'Mark "Horse" Phillips has a decade of experience as Chief Engineer at one of the only manufacturers of high-end, valve-based recording equipment in the world.

Through his creations he succeeds in recreating a unique and authentic old-school sound.

He fits the Money For Nothing mold perfectly with his passionate work ethic.. "No job too old, or weird".
          Feck me.

Here's the twat's FB: The Amp Whisperer - Home | Facebook

Thankfully the Ercol chap has done a lovely job on the table.

Sadly it needed refinishing but it looks rather nice (to me).

Not destroyed like the wireless was.

Tea: the last of the chilli con carne, a really firey one having festered in the freezer for a month, nice thick custard and some tinned peaches (BBE 2014 so really mature), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Andrew Marr's New Elizabethans or how are the mighty fallen.

Sinclair.

Habib.

Dyson.

Feck me.

Thing about Clint Eastwood on Sky Arts, made in 2006.

Rawhide. Rowdy Yates. That was a while ago, pardner.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 December 2020, 22:46.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thursday.

With one more working day after today this year.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, or sunny-ish at any rate - there's a patchy layer of very thin high cloud, and the odd thicker chunk here and there. 7°C so far, not going to make it into double figures later; pressure is 1002hPa raw, 1012hPa adjusted for height above sea level

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Trick for removing grease: tea: stewed, cooled, in squirty bottle.

Seems to work quite well.
                Handy tip - I might try it on the patch of worktop behind the deep-fat fryer, which has accumulated a fair bit of oily splashback over the years

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                He's throwing his dvds and videos away.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Comment

DrS! Can you please stop updating your first post of the day throughout the day? I keep missing your updates

Comment

Working...
                      X