• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip to M&S done.

Provisions washed & despatched to the tender mercies of the freezer.

Don't think I'll be going back there for at least a month.

Very irritated.

Lunch: beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), corner yogurt, beetroot sandwich, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The Saturday 4pm call is going on.
      Turns out that the medical director of a certain trust has now verbally accepted that the advice they were given (and ignored) 5 weeks ago was correct.
      There’s a separate row going on about what you can and can’t do safely, but it’s relatively minor.
      The research, analysis and real life experience of a person (with a master’s degree and years of practical experience, but no A levels or bachelor’s degree) is being accepted and will save HCP lives. She’s used to patient safety and working out how to save them. Staff is a different ball game.

I’m married to her, so I’m used to her always being right. A few others are starting to see things that way too.

#ProudHusband.

(And no, this time I don’t expect the BBC or other outlets to be reporting this one, we will just hopefully see a couple of curves starting to make more statistical sense and heading in the right direction)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hurray (and thank you) to MrsWTFH sounds like she's doing a fab job.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The Saturday 4pm call is going on.
          Turns out that the medical director of a certain trust has now verbally accepted that the advice they were given (and ignored) 5 weeks ago was correct.
          There’s a separate row going on about what you can and can’t do safely, but it’s relatively minor.
          The research, analysis and real life experience of a person (with a master’s degree and years of practical experience, but no A levels or bachelor’s degree) is being accepted and will save HCP lives. She’s used to patient safety and working out how to save them. Staff is a different ball game.

I’m married to her, so I’m used to her always being right. A few others are starting to see things that way too.

#ProudHusband.

(And no, this time I don’t expect the BBC or other outlets to be reporting this one, we will just hopefully see a couple of curves starting to make more statistical sense and heading in the right direction)

We know your wife made at least one mistake

seriously for Mrs WTFH.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Hurray (and thank you) to MrsWTFH sounds like she's doing a fab job.
            WlmS

Comment

The chestnut tree is in full bloom. Looks very springy

Comment

So. I've spent hours (literally, minimal procrastination) trying to find out how Src kinases are activated. All I've been able to find, using the OU's library that does have access to a heck of a lot of research papers, is that there's some signal received that either:

disrupts the SH2 - C-terminal bond, or
                disrupts the SH3 - linker domain interaction, or
                dephosphorylates the tyrosine side chain on the C-terminal end, or
                a combination of some or all the above.

Basically, nobody knows.

So the part of the requirement where I am to describe "how and in what circumstances it is (de)phosphorylated" is actually impossible to deliver.

The course materials don't cover it. The researchers haven't figured it out yet.

I guess I will just summarise the research, cite the sources and say, "I dunno".

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Springy trees could be a bit awkward...

Comment

Spent most of the day potting on seedlings. Found another 11 courgettes had come up, 88 cosmos, 3 sedum, multiple marigolds, etc, etc.
                    Most went into newspaper pots (so they had to be made as well).
                    Have to decide when to plant out the fun poppies and the pretty ones.
                    Counted the figs on the tree, I was given it as a present 10 years ago, and for the first 6 years we had nothing. There’s currently 78 figs on it.
                    Planted some sugar snap peas that were pot bound, and now need to pull radishes to get 2 more tomato plants in.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      If you're lucky that's wot's giving you hayfever.

The three conkers I planted last year show no signs of sprouting.

Oh, and one of those century things too.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 May 2020, 17:08.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X