• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have popped in to pick up a menu

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I would have popped in to pick up a menu
      It’s over the road, then set back a bit because of a parking area in front of the parade - going in would have delayed my dinner by at least a minute

Comment

And their menu’s on Deliveroo anyway

Comment

fired up the barbie so beef burgers and sausages + red wine and stilton.

nice!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Entertainment: An ep of "Up Pompeii" wherein a Greek theatre comes to town.

Simon Schama's History of Britain E11 "The Wrong Empire" wherein "we" lose the Septics and gain India, don't you know.

Then "The DaVinci Code" which is long, and despite having Tom Hanks and Leon the Professional, is a bit draggy really.

<hiatus>

I got bored, will finish it off tomorrow.

Currently reading "Nuking the moon" by Vince Houghton which amusing enough in a nutty sort of way.

Doesn't seem to mention the Mach 3 nuclear ramjet though, which is disappointing.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 May 2020, 22:10.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

First up on the kinematograph tonight was Widows (2018), based on Lynda La Plante’s series of the same title made by Euston Films for Thames TV back in the early 1980s, but transplanted to Chicago. I never saw the original programme, so I don’t know how they compare, but I found the film pretty slow with occasional good bits. I reckon they could have beefed up the pacing a fair amount and cut it down by at least twenty minutes and probably half an hour. So there we are

Having endured that over-extended drama, I then settled on something that’s always worth rewatching: V for Vendetta (2005) which is wonderful, even if the bloke who created the original comics is unhappy with it

And finally, more progress on Tin Star: Exposure (TV Episode 2017) and This Be the Verse (TV Episode 2017). Good stuff, this, though I can understand why Private Eye was dismissive of the second series (or season), as when you put characters in a situation and then resolve that situation, you’re left with just some people in a place, and any attempt to build a further story around that will seem strained. So I may be happy with just the first season (or series)

It’s starting to get light before I go to bed again

Goodnight all

Comment

I am at Heathrow to travel up to weegieland to see HWMBO.

It's so weird here. Have seen one plane so far.

There are 11 flights on the schedule. If my flight is delayed I won't be happy.

Only Boots and WH Smith are open and there's no chance either of them will make me a martini.

Sunny though and warm so that's ok.

Comment

Morning all

White sky.

Damp.

Sunless.

No perceptible precipitation.

Coolish.

Plainly Sunday by the output of the wireless.

Dear Deity when will all this joy end?
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                    No sun yet, but no rain either. Will be pleasant enough to garden in later
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning
                      grey
                      dry
                      warmish
                      sunday

@LM is yer journey necessary?

Comment

Working...
                      X