• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry they have been keeping me busy. Decided to clean the workshop so I can fire up the lathe. It was a mess, I can now see the floor and 2 of the sides. May even have space for the lathe

Grub was bacon, eggs & mushies in garlic though some might say that was the other way round , adding garlic by the tablespoon is common in my cooking.

Lunch was a quick turkey roll.

Dinner was steak + widney pie plus chips.

as I was working music not TV Mr Steinman & Mr Loaf's best, currently on

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have been on a zoom Christmas party. Hoping it wraps up soon as I'm not used to being up this late
      Last edited by ladymuck; 13 December 2020, 11:28.

Comment

Happily drunken.

Returned to hear even drunken people on talk radio.

One is trying to play an instrument that sounds like what you played when you were 5.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Onwards to the end of the Matrix tonight with The Matrix Revolutions (2003), which also seems to have regained its "The" after the abortive attempt to rebrand the sequels without the definite article two or three years back. There's a few longueurs in there, but they're made up for by the excellent battle sequences that occupy most of the film, and it's a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy IMHO

And as I seem to be rewatching them so as to refresh my memory before watching the most recent one, it was time for Fast & Furious (2009), being the fourth of that ilk, because in the demented timeline of these films the third one to be released ended up being the seventh in the actual storyline, so the fourth happens after the second. I suppose we should be grateful for the fact that it happens before the fifth, though that justification will disappear after the sixth (I think)

Anyway, it's silly nonsense with cars, though to be fair it's better than the first two, having a more substantial storyline than either of them

And finally, as I rush to get The Sopranos out of the way so I can get stuck in to The Shield in HD, it was S5E10 Cold Cuts (TV Episode 2004) and S5E11 The Test Dream (TV Episode 2004)

Goodnight all

Comment

Bells on Sunday, again.

I Like Dreamin'...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Full on murrain of beasts.

Warmer at 16.4 deg in here this morning.

UnDry.

Sunless.

997 mBar and 61% RH.

Sunday judging by the output of the wireless.

Ever so fecking sorry if the weather seems a tad negative.

My mistake.

It's sunny, 25 deg C, warm, pleasant and June all over again again.

Glad we've cleared that up.

Meanwhile in the real world it's pissing down.

Tesco and Morrisons Sunday shopping trip done.

My sole conversations of the day done.

Everything washed down, sterilised, and put away.

Lunch: Roast lamb which was rather nice, fruit cocktail and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Still pissing down so did some vaccing this afternoon and in a sudden fit of enthusiasm finally got around to removing the folding sat dish from the front room "office" while repopulating the workspace with electronic stuff that had been moved to make installation of said dish possible.

<hiatus>

Tea: Ginsters vegan non Moroccan pasty (meh) (quite the tastiest non Moroccan vegan pasty I've ever tasted in my entire existence), couple of bramble jelly sandwiches on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, the remainder of the fruit cocktail, and 0.91 pints of the most glorious Glengettie tea I've ever brewed.

<hiatus>

Bit more hair hacked off.

Entertainment: "The Pink Panther Strikes Back (1976)" with Peter Sellers, Herbert Lom.

Very funny, it's the one dvd that's missing from my box set.

"Henry VIII: Endgame" on 5select, being the end of the monstrous scumbag tyrant Henry Tudor.

The Oak Island nutjobs at 21:00 on Blaze.

Wherein they find more wood, more iron, more stones, more coconut fibre.

This week we're back in the swamp, where the "ship shape" anomaly appeared on the geoscan thing.

An lo! at the bottom of a new hole they find... more wood, some sort of stake, possibly be a survey stake.

Now they're talking about an 8 foot diameter can for the next hole at the moneypit site.

Gary finds a spike that the blacksmith reckons dates from 1710 to 1790.

Turns out the bottom of the hole in the swamp is packed clay that's too hard to dig without changing the bucket.

Now some chap waffling on about the Knights Baronet of Scotland, some connection to the Knights that say Nii!.

Sir Willam Alexander.

Freemasons.

Now they're having a poke about in the cellar of some abandoned house from the late 1700s.

Stone me, they're actually doing a dig without using a JCB.

One will little trowels & suchlike.

They're digging in the "uplands".

And they've found wood.

It's a tunnel.

Coconut fibre. Clumped. Big clumps.

Off to the blacksmith: the spike is some sort of spike. ?boathook?

Looks like a marlin spike to me but there you go.

At the highlands dig they've found a shaft of some sort.

?Shaft 5?.

The coconut fibre turns out to be coconut fibre.

Are they on the verge of finding the flood tunnel.

Next week they get a long arm JCB and follow the newly discovered shaft down and then it floods.

"Tanks of Fury" on Smithsonian, being all about the tanks in the film "Fury", Shermans and an actual Tiger.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 December 2020, 22:49.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Bells on Sunday, again.

I’ve a rule that I try not to drink whisky before 8am. Call me old-fashioned.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I’ve a rule that I try not to drink whisky before 8am. Call me old-fashioned.
                    I've a rule to not drink Bells unless it's offered in someone else's house. Other better whiskys are available.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Whisky! Bleh! Pretty near teetotal these days but did have a couple of small vodkas last night. Does make me sleep much better.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X