• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Bits of cloud here and there, moving quite briskly so there must be a bit of a breeze up where they are. But down here it's quite sunny, and would be warmish at 13°C except for the lower vestiges of that breeze, which feels a tad chilly. Chance of showers later

Comment

Wet and wild. I shall not be going too far today; I might even stay on just the one screen.

Is 0930 too early for elevenses?

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tonight's viewing has been the latest episode of Hospital on iPlayer.

And then a quick look at US Legal Twitter, where Giuliani has made such an unbelievable, Lionel-Hutz-scale hash of arguing a case about the election that you can hear the competent lawyers laughing from all the way across the Internet

Goodnight all
        This thread has a good summary of the proceedings in real time (at the time) from a real lawyer.

https://twitter.com/RMFifthCircuit/s...67248903901185
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Overcast but bright-ish and dry there may be the odd patch of blue but none that I can see without going outside. Warm for the time of year at 13 degrees and forecast to reach 16 later. Rain is expected this afternoon. Barometer down a smidge to 1015 mBar.

First coffee has been drunk.

HWMBO and I have planned posh restaurant deliveries for two date nights. They are cook at home efforts, which HWMBO is happy to do. The first, to have this weekend, is from Club Gascon and features pheasant. The second is from Lyle's and is also game themed, this will be delivered next weekend.

So he is making sure you are game for date night - good plan!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Advantage was taken of an intermission in the ongoing deluge to feed the cat, replenish the bird feeders (though not the missing one) and cart more scrap wood down to the greenhouse for drying before the massive conflagration to come.

It's a bit too damp out there now to continue.

Bored.

Now.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              This thread has a good summary of the proceedings in real time (at the time) from a real lawyer.

https://twitter.com/RMFifthCircuit/s...67248903901185
              Yes, that's one of the ones I read; @Popehat was also entertaining

Comment

The cloud has clouded over, the wind has got up, and the rain that was forecast for later has arrived earlier

Only 18°C in the living room at the moment, so the fire is now on. And I've just remembered I need to do the mundane laundry

Comment

Late breakfast of toast and marmite had.

Comment

Mundane laundry done (quick wash cycle) and now drying in front of the fire

And I got around to fitting the new HEPA filter to the old Dyson, which seems to be picking up reasonably well now, meaning those small portions of the floor that weren't covered in junk and were within easy reach while I was testing it are a bit cleaner

Comment

That reminds me, I really need to do some hoovering.

Comment

Working...
                      X