• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like The Martian, as may be evident from the fact I've watched it three or four times

In fact, it seems I last watched it in January, which was the Before Times, so ages ago. Might watch it again soon

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just watched The Crash Detectives - Series 2: Episode 2, following the Collison Investigation Unit of Gwent Police, on iPlayer… and it turned out to be about someone I knew

He was killed last year when his car left the M4, which they concluded happened because he fell asleep at the wheel. He was one of my brother's oldest friends; they met at Oxford. He was a great bloke, a real character

It's a bit unsettling when you watch one of these things and realise you knew the person who died

Comment

And before that I watched the third episode of the Surgeons thing, about a double lung transplant and some dicey neurosurgery, both of which achieved happier endings.

Early rising tomorrow for the electrician

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Not raining!

The sun is rising.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Looks pleasant out.

Comment

Morning all

Dry (as in no current precipitation, making up for the overnight deluge).

Grey sky.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 15.8 deg.

999mBar and 67% RH.

Wednesday.

I think the scaffolders are here already.

Oh deep joy.

<hiatus>

It's the chimney removers.

Bye Bye chimney.

Bye bye Jackdaws.

Bye bye house.

Thank feck I was up early.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2020, 08:14.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

FFS

You rush to your phone and it's an automated scam call pretending to be from HMRC.

Like HMRC would call you before 9am...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lovely walk earlier, got in just before the clouds arrived. A brief downpour has done its thing and now it's back to watching leaves fall off trees

Comment

Morning all

As noted by others, it seems to be a nice day today. Blue sky, some wispy cloud. Dry. Currently 11 degrees with an expected high od 13. Sadly 90% chance of rain from lunchtime onwards. Barometer steady at 999 mBar.

It's a bit chilly in my little office though so I've got the blow heater on.

First coffee has been drunk. I'm about to make another one.

Comment

Working...
                      X