• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15C, sun shining, timesheet submitted for the week
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And for lunch: ham, pea and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Poked at it, made everything private, then public again. Hopefully working now.
        Good pics, ta muchly

Late lunch of sausage rolls with manly HP sauce.
        yum
        Last edited by BR14; 22 October 2020, 14:06. Reason: why isn't there a mr Creosote emoji???

Comment

What hardware are you using?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            It's been bloody noisy here this morning. Next door are jackhammering their front garden and drive, and we've had the council blowing off old lines from the road to paint brand new double yellows.
            You'll have to speak up, I can't hear over the noise of the hammering next door on the fecking party wall

Just spent wasted half an hour potching about with an LC filter I found (i.e. stole) from the slough of despond junk pile.

Turns out it's a 3kHz low pass 600 ohm LC filter.

Dunno the shape but it's close to being butterworth from the looks of things (judging by the filter calculator thingie I found on the interweb).
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My dehumidifier stopped working after 5 years.

I now have to use the old one that isn't as efficient.

I could take it apart as I know the problem - after googling- is the fact it is clogged up with dust so is leaking.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Listening to UK's leading liar in chief.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  What hardware are you using?
                  One of these

Blink XT2 (2nd Gen) | Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera with Cloud Storage, 2-Way Audio, 2-Year Battery Life | 1-Camera System: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon Devices

Picked up on a deal day. Not a proper wildlife cam but small enough to fit in the feeding station, move where we want it and works on the home WiFi. Only major limitation is that it only records a maximum of 1 minutes video at a time.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Recycling has been taken out, and as it just nicely topped off the recycling bin, that has been trundled forth to the staging area

Then the two black bins that have been in the staging area all week due to not being emptied last week were taken out to the street, against all the laws of God and man, in the hope that they'll be emptied out there even if the bin folk once again fail to come in to get them as they should

Of the two remaining black bins, one only had a solitary half-full black bag at the bottom, so I made an executive decision that it could wait another week and trundled the final full one out to the street to wait with its comrades.

So with a bit of luck, we'll have a full complement of bins again after the visitations tomorrow

Comment

Loony lady 1 walk today. Nice, couple of little lakes, rock walk and open air cafe. She got a bit grumpy with me for taking her back a long way round but I like annoying her.

Every Google search showing boring ads for oak cabinets cos I just brought one online but just spent a few minutes Googling sexy ladies underwear, crotchless erotic knockers etc. which should make the ads more interesting.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X