• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the by, before I go to sleep: last evening I was washing the dishes, and idly reflecting as one does at such times, and I suddenly realised all this tulip, it all came together at one moment as one thing in my mind: things like being buzzed into the Co-op and made to use hand gel before taking a basket, sheering away from people who walk too close on the pavement, mentally preparing to explain to the police why I need to get new tyres fitted to my car if they stop me on my way to Halfords, washing my hands until my skin cracks because I used the light switch in the hall; and on, and on, and on, so many little things that all add up to so much. Does anybody else have those moments, when suddenly all those little things come together in your mind at once and you want to cry “What the **** is going on!” and then you just shrug it off because that’s all you can do, and you finish whatever you were doing, and just carry on because what else is there to do? Or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      By the by, before I go to sleep: last evening I was washing the dishes, and idly reflecting as one does at such times, and I suddenly realised all this tulip, it all came together at one moment as one thing in my mind: things like being buzzed into the Co-op and made to use hand gel before taking a basket, sheering away from people who walk too close on the pavement, mentally preparing to explain to the police why I need to get new tyres fitted to my car if they stop me on my way to Halfords, washing my hands until my skin cracks because I used the light switch in the hall; and on, and on, and on, so many little things that all add up to so much. Does anybody else have those moments, when suddenly all those little things come together in your mind at once and you want to cry “What the **** is going on!” and then you just shrug it off because that’s all you can do, and you finish whatever you were doing, and just carry on because what else is there to do? Or is it just me?

These are really times. I keep telling the kids they will have stories to tell their grandchildren.

Still, its not as bad as losing a sock in the wash.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Do you not think the threat of coronovirus and its associated isolation is enough for them to deal with
        Indeed. And I reckon most of them, despite hating cyclists, would get on their bicycles to get away faster and risk COV19....

Comment

Still no BR14.

Sun just coming up and it is dry out there. Twins are 18 today.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Still no BR14.

Double trouble, difficult age 18
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Still no BR14.

Bloody hell! Where's the time gone?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Slightly colder.

White sky.

Sunless.

Saturday apparently, judging by the wireless, which is currently switched off.

Just one more before the Daniel Craig ones now.

It did occur to me earlier that as DC is leaving, they have the opportunity to reboot the whole thing yet again, and could be bold and simply make films of the original novels: set in the 1950s, with Bond as an alcoholic sadist. (I’ve never read any of the books, but somebody whose opinion I respect has said that’s Bond’s character in the books.) But I don’t suppose they will
                Sadomasochistic sexual predator who smokes & drinks too much probly sums him up.

Is James Bond Basically A Psychopath?

The Jennifer Morgue: Book 2 in The Laundry Files - Charles Stross - Google Books

My moments of existential angst tend to occur when I'm cleaning my teeth for some odd reason.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 April 2020, 09:07.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Toast, Peanut butter and Manuka honey, coffee and Wheatgrass to follow.

The Wheatgrass tastes like total tulip, but has so many health benefits it's untrue. I have been taking it for many months and it really works for me.

Worth a try and keep the immune system in good shape

Wheatgrass Benefits: 50 Doctor Approved Reasons To Drink Every Day
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

morning all :wvae:

weather - grey, 7 degrees

breakfast - 3 weetabix, toast, coffee

packages 2 and 3 on the way

C19 Status - me OK, MrsAG persistent cough
                    Married

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Morning all

Dry.

Slightly colder.

White sky.

Sunless.

Saturday apparently, judging by the wireless, which is currently switched off.

Sadomasochistic sexual predator who smokes & drinks too much probly sums him up.

Is James Bond Basically A Psychopath?

The Jennifer Morgue: Book 2 in The Laundry Files - Charles Stross - Google Books

My moments of existential angst tend to occur when I'm cleaning my teeth for some odd reason.
                      I have started playing freecell now! 100% P2, W2. Should I quit while I am ahead?

Comment

Working...
                      X