• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise bicycling (low-resistance) done, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      HWMBO thinks our trip with the kinder to Berlin at the beginning of December will have to be cancelled as Scotland is on Germany's dodgy list (quarantine on arrival but they may let you off with a negative test).

He's suggested we go to Cadiz for Christmas (not sure if that's with or without kinder).

It appears (yet to be tested) that we should be able to rebook or get a voucher from BA for the flights. I'll believe it when I see it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The fecking hammering stopped, only to be replaced by some angle fecking grinding.

Where did I put that AK?

samuel jackson ak47 kill every mother****er in the room - YouTube
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          The fecking hammering stopped, only to be replaced by some angle fecking grinding.

Where did I put that AK?

samuel jackson ak47 kill every mother****er in the room - YouTube
          Have you got any concrete to drill up?

Wait until they have finished their reconstruction then start going.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

As I have a Big Chicken to roast, I need to decide what soup to make with the leftovers. It's chicken and barley's turn, but I only have one more ZCTL left, so I might make more of that instead as it's a good one for grey days, of which we seem to be getting a lot this autumn

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              It appears (yet to be tested) that we should be able to rebook or get a voucher from BA for the flights. I'll believe it when I see it.
              I have heard that the voucher system has improved now and you can actually redeem them online rather than wait on hold for a lifetime hearing messages telling you to refer to their website.

Rebooking doesn't incur a fee but watch out for changes in fare that still means you have to pay something.

Comment

Several interesting exchanges with pimps today. Sadly one which looked promising turned out to be on £380 per day, inside IR35, for TCS... Combined with the laundry list of checks and references they wanted I decided that I wasn't *that* desperate yet.

Comment

Grey and mizzly here. Not sure where the day's gone.

At least I have lots of lovely newborn hugs to keep me happy :-)

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Several interesting exchanges with pimps today. Sadly one which looked promising turned out to be on £380 per day, inside IR35, for TCS... Combined with the laundry list of checks and references they wanted I decided that I wasn't *that* desperate yet.
                    I'd skip that one - hell would freeze over before I attached my name to one of their disasters.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Gosh, it does seem like a loooong time since £20/hr was considered reasonable.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (Morrisons, bought this morning coz I forgot yesterday), on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thick crust), pippy red corner yog, bramble jelly on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The afternoon has been spent doing more potching in the garden, to whit: using the lawnmower to collect the apple & pear leaves off the lawn to make it tidy, like.

Then further potching about with the heap of stones that I extracted from the crazy paving where the front lawn now resides.

Some of it should be suitable for pothole filling when I get A Round Tuit.

Tea: more of yesterday's roast chicken breast, no stewed pears since I've neglected to defrost any, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the remainder of "Grand Theft OAP" assuming I can bear it.

If not then it'll be the last of the Magnificent Seven: wherein they Ride apparently, this one has Lee Van Cleef in it.

<tea eating hiatus>

The chicken was a bit nicer today but the gravy was still meh.

Turns out next door are installing trunking for the wiring.

Duw there's posh then.

I pointed out it had to be 50mm deep in the plaster to pass the current regs.

Oh. It's ok as long as there's a 30mA RCD protecting the circuit.

Glad we've cleared that up then.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 October 2020, 17:31.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X