• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice tea of M&S southern (not-)fried chicken thighs and drumsticks, and (also M&S) French fries, with lashings of tomato ketchup

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Mmmm, what channel is that on?
      TLC The Home of Weddings, apparently.

A channel I've never heard of.

Judging by the trailer, they're rather generously built ladies.

It's on Sky 133 apparently.

Which is available if one has a Sky subscription.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 October 2020, 21:24.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

slow cooked rump steak stew and hobgoblin.

ents - house s6 ep 9-10
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture rewatch was Star Trek Beyond (2016), meaning I am now well and truly at the end of the ST movie rewatches (though still lots to go of TNG of course). It meanders slightly at the start, but it all turns out pretty well in the action and effects departments in the end, which is all that really matters

And then The Sopranos S3E10, To Save Us All from Satan's Power (TV Episode 2001), featuring another guest star appearance by that Big Mouth Billy Bass thing. The first time I saw one of those was a Sunday evening in autumn 1999 when I'd just arrived back at the pub where I stayed in Cheltenham, where they'd put one behind the bar and the barmaid showed it off to me, apparently thinking it was one of the great wonders of the modern age. I made the appreciative noises that were obviously expected of me, but to be honest I never saw the attraction myself. My first thought was along the lines of a small SOC (something Z80-based would be fine), a few song samples blown into the ROM, a cheap speaker, a motion sensor, and some very basic animatronics. Perhaps I see too deeply into these things

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning

Dark cold no rain
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Tonight's major motion picture rewatch was Star Trek Beyond (2016), meaning I am now well and truly at the end of the ST movie rewatches (though still lots to go of TNG of course). It meanders slightly at the start, but it all turns out pretty well in the action and effects departments in the end, which is all that really matters
              Well it must be said that a decent story helps.

Unimpressed with the reboot.

Morning all

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunless (it's not risen yet).

Cold at 15.8 in here, frost on the grass, condensation on the bedroom window.

1025 mBar and 67% RH.

Thursday.

Shedload of Strangelove Pater's Railway mags hit the recycling this morning.

Feck me those mags were tedious from the odd one or two I opened.

About as tedious as some of my mags which are likely to hit the recycling in the near future.

Must have been exceptionally wriggly in bed last night since the sheets were all over the place.

Anyway, said sheets are now in WM2.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
                CBS
                Thursday
                rotten night.
                jacobs this morning.

Comment

Morning all

It's a right pea souper out there today. Thick fog, can't see past the building in front.

My weather app says it's sunny. Currently 8 degrees and a forecast high of 17 later.

We take the train down to Coimbra this afternoon for the final part of our holiday.

Comment

The fog is starting to lift. I am starting to see the other side of the river

Comment

Morning all
                      CBS here, but we ended up in low cloud out on the walk earlier.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X