• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    CBS, etc. Looks pleasant but chilly out.
    Boiler being serviced today.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Someone grabbed the landline phone number I wanted between me finding it on Sunday and being able to purchase it against the new limited company yesterday

I have a different one but it's not quite as good....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Someone grabbed the landline phone number I wanted between me finding it on Sunday and being able to purchase it against the new limited company yesterday

I have a different one but it's not quite as good....
        I have however picked up 2 additional domain names for part b of plan b...

Comment

Morning all

Dry out, cloudy. It's 9 degrees at the moment with a forecast high of 16. Looks like it'll remain dry and potentially sunny with no rain due until this evening. Barometer has lept up to 1009 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

Will be booking all the transport and accommodation later today for our holiday to Portugal on Friday.

On hold to HSBC again.

Comment

Morning.

Bright and sunny out but cold.

I have watery eyes which means I have yet another common cold....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The Dog (tw) has been walked in the dry.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Morning.

Bright and sunny out but cold.

I have watery eyes which means I have yet another common cold....
                If you're not going out, and are wearing a mask when you do, how did you catch a cold?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  If you're not going out, and are wearing a mask when you do, how did you catch a cold?
                  Welcome to the mystery which is that it's 2020 we are in a pandemic and we still don't understand how infections work..

And what we do know runs contrary to how most people believe they work and spread.

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly grey out, 10°C, but dry for now

I suppose I'd better try to be a few minutes early to the doctor's, rather than my usual thing of allowing one minute to leave the flat and walk next door, as they probably want to point a tricorder at my forehead and stuff like that

Comment

Only 39 minutes this morning.

Lovely Scottish chap (gorgeous accent, he could have gotten away with telling me anything and maybe he did!). Apparently there's been a spike in people locking themselves out of online banking and its caused a bit of a backlog. He confirmed a chase had been sent on Monday. He also bothered to go through full security and look at my account, which previous people claimed they couldn't do. Also kindly offered to help with any transaction info or move money about, which none of the others bothered with suggesting. So it seems I just need to wait for my reset to work its way through the system and plop out the other end.

Not especially useful outcome but a nice accent and a helpful attitude does make all the difference.

I wonder if it's possible to tell if someone is maliciously trying to access an account vs someone being a numpty and typing in the wrong username? It would be very helpful if HSBC could at the very least send an alert out to the account owner of unsuccessful log in attempts. I would love to find the person who thinks my username is theirs and slap them upside the head.

Comment

Working...
                      X