• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headache's back, nose getting a bit bunged up

I think I'll have a little rest

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Near the end, the local copper passed me in a car. He slowed down and gave me a big wave out of his open window, thereby demonstrating to anybody watching that I am well known to the police
      Snitches get stitches.

And another afternoon bites the dust.

Brushed up more of those expensive chippings I paid a lot to have stuck on the external walls of the house.

Took an old door down to the one pigsty that still has a roof of sorts.

Cleaned up around the garden bench and next door's untouched for 18 months barbeque thingie.

Then off down to the garage to inspect any ingress of water after yesterday's deluge: happily it seems to have remained dry, maybe all that expanding foam stuff worked.

Then into the shed to inspect the contents of my grandfather's tool box which was inherited by my father & stuffed full of yet more tools, obsolete locks, and stuff I have no idea wtf it is.

Found an odd thing that turned out to be a weighing scales.

Also a selection of extremely rusty planes & such like that have received some WD40 before I attempt to clean them up properly.

Once I'd got bored with that it was time for a shower, and now I'm sat here listening to the wireless.

After a glorious sunny day it's got remarkably dark out there, and windy with it.

There may be a squall on its way.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock cod, etc.

It's 17.1 deg in here currently.

I thought the cold shower was a bit more bracing that it has been.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dog walked, sun shining, blue skies, still billing hours.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well there's a thing: the two wooden planes I found are "coffin smoothers".
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Well there's a thing: the two wooden planes I found are "coffin smoothers".
            Whereas you are Coffin Dodger?
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

dinner was more madras, with rice and naan.
              and yet more Rioja.
              ents will be Vera, until then i don't know.
              i may wander into general and wind up the nasty little irish troll and his expat twat chums.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Movie made in my home town.

If you love the sea, and the life that lives therein.

https://www.netflix.com/title/810450...=13747225&t=cp

Anyone who watches it, I'd love your feedback.
                Watching it now

Comment

Making soup, aka the apotheosis of the Big Chicken. I decided on the zingy tomato and lentil variety this time

As I do this one in the InstantPot™, it should be ready in an hour or ninety minutes (there are several stages, so depressurisation and repressurisation add to the time). I've decided to ignore the question of how to fit it all in the freezer for now

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    dinner was more madras, with rice and naan.
                    and yet more Rioja.
                    ents will be Vera, until then i don't know.
                    i may wander into general and wind up the nasty little irish troll and his expat twat chums.
                    Careful, now! See you in a month

Comment

Evening all

Dinner has been a thick cut Sirloin Steak with Cauliflower Cheese and Green Beans, washed down with a rather acceptable Cabernet Sauvignon.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X