• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Entertainment (continued): Aliens: Making of: another 3? hours of stuff.

All that smoke is remarkably toxic.

Some of the worst stuff is titanium tetrachloride, though some of the other tulip is pretty nasty too.

One must suffer for art, apparently.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's premiere was Bombshell (2019), free with Amazon Prime right now, (based on) the true story of Fox News' creator Roger Ailes being brought down by his persistent sexual harassment of his employees, which was so egregious that even Rupert Murdoch was willing to pay tens of millions of dollars to get rid of him. I thought this was very good indeed, and highly recommend it

But what Amazon Prime gives, it takes away, and for every excellent film there must be a film so unbelievably bad that you start to wonder if it would have been better had the medium of film never been invented. Which brings us to 2012 (2009), which is one of the biggest piles of tulipe I have ever encountered. The only thing that can be said for it is that it isn't quite as bad as the worst film I've ever seen, but that was some tax avoidance scam by a bunch of Essex wideboys, and this was from a major Hollywood studio which I can only hope is thoroughly ashamed of itself

One thing of note about it as presented on Amazon Prime Video is that the character sequence [/I] sometimes appeared in the subtitles, suggesting that the dialogue was actually poorly cut-and-pasted from General (specifically)

But at least they subtitled it, which they sometimes do when the producers of the film haven't bothered; for which much thanks

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Some boring stuff to do this morning.

Later find somewhere to eat out before we aren't allowed again...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

The Wife (tm) has taken The Dog (tw) for a walk.
            Looks like a nice day out, I suspect I shall be gardening.

One of the heirloom tomatoes of this year’s crop (grown on plants from seeds in tomatoes from last year’s crop, grown on plants from seeds of a mouldy old one found in the fridge previously), has been selected and the seeds removed as the parent for next year’s crop.
            I suspect I’ll take a couple more to be safe.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Was sunny.

White sky with blue bits.

Windy.

Cooler at 19.7 deg in here.

1015 mBar and 68% RH.

Saturday judging by the wireless.

Comment

morning

CBS and slightly KB again in sunny sarf herts
                Saturday.

Comment

Morning all

Another gorgeous day here. Sunny, breezy. Currently 12 degrees with a forecast high of 17.

Heading home at lunch time. In Kensington it's currently 17 degrees with a forecast high of 23.

Comment

Walk walked.

Breezy enough to require a jacket until I'd warmed up a bit.

Sunny.

Saw several chem trails in the sky.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Heinz ham & lentil soup, red corner yog, bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 September 2020, 11:22.

Comment

Morning denizens

Fairly Simpsonesque out, currently 18°C and allegedly heading for 20° this afternoon

Comment

Working...
                      X