• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    If it was an Easyjet flight to somewhere with a beach, it would have landed at an airport about a hundred miles from the beach

He paid the extra for the transfer and ended up in the back of a truck with a syphilitic Grandmother & Goat. On the way back he is taking an UBER (in the boot of a fiat 500 with an abused chicken).
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk walked.

Rather pleasant out there now.

Was a bit misty earlier but it seems clearer at the moment.

Lunch: Heinz Leek & potato soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, some sort of corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Email from BA a few mins ago to say our flights to Italy in December have been changed, so instead of departing LGW we're now out of LHR.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Email from BA a few mins ago to say our flights to Italy in December have been changed, so instead of departing LGW we're now out of LHR.
          Yep. No short haul out of LGW for the foreseeable future.

I had flights to Tirana booked for March and they've swapped those to LHR.

Looks like that's the winter schedule planned that way, anyway (which ends on clock change day for thems that may be interested).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Not sure about value for money, but from a technical/support perspective, I've heard a lot of praise recently for Mythic Beasts...
            Thanks, will have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Yep. No short haul out of LGW for the foreseeable future.

I had flights to Tirana booked for March and they've swapped those to LHR.

Looks like that's the winter schedule planned that way, anyway (which ends on clock change day for thems that may be interested).
              For us, a 7.40am flight out of LGW means leaving home at 5.30. The same flight out of LHR means leaving before 5am.

Comment

Channel changearound on Freeview, meaning I had to do a full scan before I could get the New Zealand Customs programme as a suitably cerebrally-unchallenging accompaniment to lunch

It comes through loud and clear on its new number (not always guaranteed with our rubbish aerial), which is a relief as it's the same channel as Monkey Life as and when that's on again

Lunch itself was a cold southern-not-fried chicken thigh and drumstick (making one leg in total), cooked ages ago, which I had the foresight to transfer from the freezer to the fridge yesterday so they had time to thaw

Comment

Interesting (or not)

If you click on a link in a Telegram message on an iPad and it's to a Twitter post, the connection is seen by Twitter as Safari opening it on a Mac

Comment

No exercise bicycling done yet as I'm going shopping in a bit, and that'll get recorded as some free minutes of exercise, thereby reducing the amount of actual effort I need to put in

I also need to start doing some other kinds of workouts I suppose, but I can't be bothered to sort that out just yet

Comment

Afternoon

Shopping delivered. All wine I ordered came.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X