• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just cracked my head on the corner of a cupboard while sidling past the clothes horse in the process of cooking dinner, resulting in a nice long cut - well, more of a gouge, really - on the hairline above my left eye
    My hairline's more above, or beside, my left ear.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      My hairline's more above, or beside, my left ear.
      My maternal grandfather retained a fine head of hair all his days, so I'm quietly optimistic

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        My maternal grandfather retained a fine head of hair all his days, so I'm quietly optimistic
        I don't really care. it doesn't hurt, and a whole head 6mm can be easily maintained, courtesy of herr braun.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Still raining here.

TdF highlights done.

Another Brit in yellow, but only down to another obscure UCI rule.
          I don't think Yates is after the GC win but then he may go for it if he does manage to hold onto it for a while.

Didn't realise there's only four Brits in the TdF this year. Am I right in thinking Sky haven't fielded a team either?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I don't think Yates is after the GC win but then he may go for it if he does manage to hold onto it for a while.

Didn't realise there's only four Brits in the TdF this year. Am I right in thinking Sky haven't fielded a team either?
            Sky got taken over by Team Ineos a couple of years back
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sky ended their sponsorship in March last last year. They were Team Ineos for the 2019 season, and are now The Ineos Grenadiers for 2020 (named after a 4x4 car being produced by their new sponsor).

Froome and Thomas are both out due to a lack of form, Froome still recovering from his crash last year, Thomas just hasn't found form yet and it was always going to be difficult having three potential team leaders in the squad at the same time. Egan Bernal is the lead rider for them this year after winning last years Tour.
              Last edited by DaveB; 2 September 2020, 20:42.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Blimey. Where was I last year to have missed that!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Entertainment: TBD, plus:

War Factories on Yesterday at 20:00.

Dr Pimplepopper on Really at 22:00.

Still raining a little fitfully, nothing very impressive.
                  TBD: "The Road to Perdition (2002)" with that Thomas Hanks and that Paul Newman.

Rather good in its 1930s sort of way.

Now we're on to Dr Pimplepopper: first up a woman with gigantic lumps on her ears.

If the last one looked like a Vulcan, I dunno wtf this one looks like but it's definitely alien.

?keloid scars? from the inevitable ear piercings.

Yup: DoctorStrangelove called it. keloids.

Farking hell.

Goodness me.

What's this 'ere ear.

If that doesn't put you off piercings I dunno what would.

14oz of keloid removed.

Gosh. To stop the keloids recurring, the Dr is going to nuke her ears.

And now we're nuking her ears.

Oh she's well on the way to fainting.

Nuking done.

Then a chap with a gigantic lump on one of his fingers and lady with peculiar lumps on her neck.

Looking pustulently good for the neck lady.

Steatocystoma and eruptive vellus hair cyst.

Lovely. Very pustulent.

Healed well.

The ear lady, notsomuch.

She healed well too.

Ears look pretty good after a couple of months.

The bump on the finger guy, who knows.

He's a crossing guard.

Septic crossing guards have a very inadequate lollipop with a short staff.

She took a look at what is apparently a "sessile tumour" and declined to treat it herself.

Sounds like it might be a bit tricky. (To be continued I would assume).

For those (such as I) who can't wait:

Dr. Pimple Popper Helps Man With Golfball-Sized Tumor on Finger.

It's a "chondroid syringoma".
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 September 2020, 22:03.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Blimey. Where was I last year to have missed that!
                    If you only ever watch the Tour it would have been easy to miss in fairness. Mainstream media didn't really cover it, although Froome's crash did make the front pages.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      TBD: "The Road to Perdition (2002)" with that Thomas Hanks and that Paul Newman.

Rather good in its 1930s sort of way.
                      I quite enjoyed that one, though it's a pretty cheerless affair

Dinner will, eventually, be lamb stew. I keep forgetting that when cooking things in the InstantPot™ you barely lose any liquid, so I put too much in then have to spend ages reducing it afterwards

Comment

Working...
                      X