• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I reckon continuing to get around on it as best you can helps

Not that I have any medical training or expertise in this matter, but that’s what I did and it got better eventually, so I must be right
    I share your learned diagnosis of the treatment required.

The remarkable colouration is subsiding slowly, though the foot is still swollen.

Further to the bluray thing, what you wrote explains why some blurays have different on screen displays in FF & FR, rather than the built in thing.

This had caused me some puzzlement, so thanks muchly.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Roast beef for lunch once I stir my sticks to start preparing it.
    Sticks stirred, beef aroasted, and very nice it turned out to be, being done to a turn rather than incinerated, the rice pud sharing this cooking miracle, remaining nice & milky and a joy to eat (it had a mixture of that unrefined sugar and some white sugar this week which seems to have helped, along with being taken out rather sooner).

In other cooking news, I realised this very morning that the last batch of lentil <pffffft> soup was completely sans any trace of lentil, so it's basically just <pffffft> soup.

This PCTNN (or whatever) oik seems quite offensive, plainly some sort of Millennial.

Banning's too good for 'im, it, or whatever.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 March 2020, 13:06.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I reckon continuing to get around on it as best you can helps

Not that I have any medical training or expertise in this matter, but that’s what I did and it got better eventually, so I must be right
      Generally keeping mobile is best for most muscular injuries or else the problem gets worse as the muscles in question aren't being used and therefore reminded of their proper place.

I am also not medically trained...

Comment

The lurgy that seemed to be attacking is turning out very mild so far; a but of bunged-upness about the nose and general but slight feeling of lurginess, but nothing worse so far

Probably not coronavirus then, as I believe that starts with a fever and a dry cough, and also stops there for the vast majority of patients

Comment

The lurgy that seemed to be attacking is turning out very mild so far; a but of bunged-upness about the nose and general but slight feeling of lurginess, but nothing worse so far

Probably not coronavirus then, as I believe that starts with a fever and a dry cough, and also stops there for the vast majority of patients
          Phew!

My lurgy is also of the common cold variant. I have a fine headache at the moment from sinuses being uncooperative.

Comment

I had some sort of short lived lurgy earlier in the week.

It seemed to pass off without much fuss.

<collapses dead in his chair, only to be discovered 6 months later when the grass is 3 feet high on the lawns>

<hiatus>

Sunday shop done at Tesco & Morrisons, no particular bargains other than a very ripe mango for 5p.

In other news, the trip down the dump on Monday put enough charge in the car battery so that it didn't need recharging before the shopping expedition.

This was a experience.

Now, after all the endless hand washing, I need to moisturise my fingers.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 March 2020, 15:41.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Phew!

My lurgy is also of the common cold variant. I have a fine headache at the moment from sinuses being uncooperative.
              So getting plastered last night had nothing to do with it?

Comment

Will tpd see another century today?

Comment

Walked along sea front. MrsBP's sister in the hotel office. I called her and got her to wave at us. Some other guests waved at us too....

Comment

Then baby bp rolled his trousers up to his knees for a paddle.

Comment

Lunch was turkey+cranberry sandwiches. Plus some grapes.

Comment

Working...
                      X