• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Oh, Wordstar(tm), what have we become?
    I still remember Ctrl-K-B and Ctrl-K-K to mark the beginning and end of a block respectively; the second letter in those combinations being the first and last letters of the word "block", which was what passed for an intuitive user interface in those days

The column selection mode was useful when working with hex or binary representations of data, too. I used WordStar (or the clone NewWord) as my primary text editor when writing several games in 8086 assembly language

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      ...Photos/walkthrough being done this morning. That’s THIS MORNING. The first morning with cloudy skies in about a month.

As if by magic, the sun appeared about 30 seconds before the photographer. She's now going round doing the stills, then the video comes later.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        As if by magic, the sun appeared about 30 seconds before the photographer. She's now going round doing the stills, then the video comes later.
        This is when you spot an errant sock under the bed when you see the printed up version of the brochure.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          This is when you spot an errant sock under the bed when you see the printed up version of the brochure.
          My photographer friend provides photography training for estate agents as a (quite lucrative) sideline, but I'm not sure if it's just about framing, lighting, and using the right lenses to make rooms look bigger, or if there's also a module about Photoshopping out stray socks

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            And all of the possible rain and thunderstorms between now and Sunday have been withdrawn from service
            There seems to be a thundercell moving slowly northwards at the moment.

Lightning & Thunderstorms - United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland

You might just get the extreme western edge of it if you're lucky.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I still remember Ctrl-K-B and Ctrl-K-K to mark the beginning and end of a block respectively; the second letter in those combinations being the first and last letters of the word "block", which was what passed for an intuitive user interface in those days

The column selection mode was useful when working with hex or binary representations of data, too. I used WordStar (or the clone NewWord) as my primary text editor when writing several games in 8086 assembly language
            I rather miss the facilities for columnar frigging about that the General Automation line editor provided.

Though, to be honest, I haven't needed them much in the intervening 30 odd years.

Oh, how @K=Y, and @col=1,72 just trips off the fingers.

Or @1/5,P to list the first five lines of a file.

Or the joy of having to close the file down and reopen it if it was too big to fit in memory and the first bit was no longer accessible.

How we laughed.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 August 2020, 09:24.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Who are you again?

Having decided to wash the decidely gamey cords I wear in the house, decided to do the smalls out of the washbasket too, and it's all hanging on the line at the moment.

Picked up the windfall and jackdaw-fall pears which reduced me to a state of extreme perspiration, thusly I am now in the living room typing away in my underpants.
              An occasional visitor these days.

Not been around very much in recent years.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon all

And yes, it is afternoon here on the mainland
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Balmy 30c here in cloggers, still no sign of any thunderstorms.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Dejunking my PC. Opened a Word file to see what it was, entire content - "I have no teeth". Not sure what that was about.

about the third bottle of Vodka?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      This is when you spot a 'personal massager' under the bed when you see the printed up version of the brochure.

Or is that just on Farcebook?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X