• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Afternoon all
    Afternoon

Comment

Small bonfire to get rid of pile of old sticks and stuff. As a nature loony it takes me ages as I have to check there's no little bugs on things.

Still no waspies but plus side, seen my first Slow Worm in years and also lots of little froggy heads poking out of the pond.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Afternoon all

Who are you again?

Having decided to wash the decidely gamey cords I wear in the house, decided to do the smalls out of the washbasket too, and it's all hanging on the line at the moment.

Picked up the windfall and jackdaw-fall pears which reduced me to a state of extreme perspiration, thusly I am now in the living room typing away in my underpants.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2020, 13:55.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thunderbolts and lightning here. Very scary for dogs.

Temp has dropped to 31C
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Yes, no electric left, which is why we aren't getting any updates from him - he's having to conserve his phone battery for urgent communications with insurers and so on

I was pleased to learn that, having been woken by the cataclysm, he turned over and went back to sleep. It was only when he got up at his normal time some hours later that he found the front of the house was in ruins

Can I suggest a car / mains chargeable power pack for the phone from Amazon. ~£20 for a big one.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Hurray! Thunder and lightning!

No rain. The sky is half white fluffy cloud and half blue.

34 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Can I suggest a car / mains chargeable power pack for the phone from Amazon. ~£20 for a big one.
                Cheers, I'll suggest it to him when he's in touch

Comment

Get boring little magazine through door, mostly ads, but sometimes do the crossword. Thought I was really going senile as couldn't think of any answers that fitted, until I looked at word lengths in brackets after each clue and realised they'd totally cocked it up by publishing wrong clues with no relation to the crossword.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ah, the "I've got dementia" crossword.

The Strangelove parents did the South Wales Evening Post crossword for decades until the dementia & other ailments caught up with them when they were close to their 90s.

I'm beginning to think I've got it already.

The only challenging thing I do is Freecell (83.4%).

With all these thunderstorms about I've been looking at designs for lightning detectors and suchlike.

The suchlike today was the electrostatic field mill which measures the electostatic field at ground level due to passing clouds.

I almost considered building one before I came to my senses.

Lightning & Thunderstorms - United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland

It's looking quite lively out there at the moment.

It was completely quiet earlier today.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2020, 14:55.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Rain!

Rain!
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X