• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk walked.

Hot. Very.

Close. Very very.

Shower showered including dunking head in wash hand basin to cool down.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust, very thick rather than very very thick), corner yog (probly yellow), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Phew wot a scorcher.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Bah. No waspies have visited my jam!
      Maybe it's a bit hot for jam. Try them with an ice lolly?

Comment

In comparing my weather app (supplied by Google) to the BBC weather app, it seems that the forecast thunderstorms are either landing from 2pm, or 2am.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          In comparing my weather app (supplied by Google) to the BBC weather app, it seems that the forecast thunderstorms are either landing from 2pm, or 2am.

Teatime for us, then possibly all through the night - not sure if I want them now after what happened to my brother

Comment

Any further news on his situation?

All the electrics in his house will be trashed, unfortunately.

EMP with all the bells & whistles on.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Teatime for us, then possibly all through the night - not sure if I want them now after what happened to my brother
              Doesn't make any difference what the weather is - the twins are waiting for their A level results and the arguments require sea air and a walk to calm them down.

Hopefully it will also feature beer and burgers as the best pub there is open but aren't taking bookings.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon all
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Another BBQ this evening, as the rain has been postponed until tomorrow.

Leftovers from yesterday plus some sausages, as HWMBO has risen to the challenge of making space in my freezer (so he can fill it up again next week...)

I only have a little BBQ (one of these) but it does very well for the space I have. I'd have a proper set up if I had the room
                  Have a look at Kamado Joe Junior, Big Green Egg Mimimax or Thuros grills if you want to up the ante on your BBQ and don't have the space.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens

High but not so dense haze here too, which means it's pretty sunny and already 22°C out

No thunderstorm here, but my brother's house, up in the Peak District, was struck by a thunderbolt overnight

He now has no electricity and a house that's in a state of ruin, according to the secondhand reports being passed along to me by our mother
                    Balmy 33c here in Cloggers. 29c in the house and 50c on my roof terrace kitchen where my BBQs are.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Any further news on his situation?

All the electrics in his house will be trashed, unfortunately.

EMP with all the bells & whistles on.
                      Yes, no electric left, which is why we aren't getting any updates from him - he's having to conserve his phone battery for urgent communications with insurers and so on

I was pleased to learn that, having been woken by the cataclysm, he turned over and went back to sleep. It was only when he got up at his normal time some hours later that he found the front of the house was in ruins

Comment

Working...
                      X