• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so to lunch: roast pork and apple sauce sandwich (wholemeal)

Comment

Lunch eaten.

Kale sautéed in butter with two eggs and a pile of bacon on top.

Tasty, and largely carb free for MrsB.

Mildly irritated as the AV stand I bought to use in the garage for Zwift, to make better use of the space, has arrived minus the outrigger legs. Phoned the supplier and they are sending them out by courier for tomorrow. A nuisance as I'd rearranged the bike setup etc. ready for it and now I can't use it.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        The afternoon's entertainment will involve yet more weeding, along with much killing of horseflies.
        Well one or two horseflies, one bastard managed to bite me through my shirt.

Nice big patch weeded though, which is satisfying.

I still can't manage more than 2 to 2.5 hours out there before the heat and the tediium gets to me.

The lady next door but one will be making off with further quantities of apples.

I have no idea how they're going to press them to get the juice.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        For work
        Om.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was some Korean left overs.

Had some suspiciously good meetings today. Maybe they'll turn out to be useless when I write my notes up.

Comment

Time to walk the dog, I think.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Entertainment (in a vain attempt to stay awake): HSB S5 E7 "Blues for Mr. Green" wherein Forest Whitaker comes out of Juvi under the impression he can continue to kill people with impunity. Mostly by accident, it just ain't so. Also there's a trip to Las Vegas arranged by J.D. LaRue. This will not end well.

Tea: the last of Sunday's roast beef with carrots and onions(that's tomorrow when it's wednesday) Tesco chunky battered haddock, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Just brained myself on the corner of the cupboard.

It's bleeding well.

HSB S5 E8 "Fuched Again ".
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 July 2020, 17:30. Reason: Glad we've cleared that up. :eyes

Comment

Gone very grey out all of a sudden

The thing I started working on this morning which initially looked as if it ought to take a couple of hours max has instead taken most of the day, and still isn't quite finished

Comment

^^^ Much the same as my soon to be lawn then.

Without the horseflies, presumably.

Entertainment (continued): HSB S5 E8 "Fuched Again" wherein there's an assassination attempt on the mayor leading to much mayhem.

Now watching Sewermen on Paramount which, it would appear, I've seen before.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 July 2020, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    ^^^ Much the same as my soon to be lawn then.

Without the horseflies, presumably.
                    Something came in the window and buzzed about a bit, but I don't think it was a horsefly. At any rate, it didn't bite me so I got off lightly

Comment

The little bastards don't buzz.

If it buzzes it ain't a horsefily.

One of these would come in handy if they weren't £110.

VOSS.farming "Tabanus-Trap" Horsefly Trap

Comment

Working...
                      X