• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And lunch done: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup, with the usual bits of bread

I need to decide which soup to make later in the week with the Big Chicken. Might do the barley one, with tarragon

Comment

Lunch was some of the leftover Malaysian take away from the weekend. Stuffed now.

Comment

I see AtW has discovered the emoji keyboard on his phone

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Once I've done the dishes it's time to collect buckets of windfall apples and do some further weeding of the soon to be lawn.
          10 buckets of apples met the compost heap.

Half the soon to be lawn has now been weeded.

More would have been weeded if the horseflies weren't so busy, plus it's just too damn hot.

Tea: more of yesterday's roast beef, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Which was Very Nice.

Entertainment: HSB S5 E4 "Fowl Play" wherein Belker is dressed up as an egg/chicken again.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2020, 17:07.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More Malaysian leftovers.

Watching the Eurovision film.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              10 buckets of apples met the compost heap.
              Do you not know anyone who makes cider? We used to have a relative who'd eagerly scoop up windfalls from my parents' back garden for cider-making when they visited, back when there were a lot of apple trees out there

Comment

Eurovision film was good silly, predictable fun. Definitely had some inaccuracies but I'm not a stickler for fact checking in films that aren't intending to educate

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Turning comparatively chilly out there now - already down to 14°C, which while not actually cold, isn't that warm either. And the slight breeze coming in feels a bit colder than that

Comment

Found out earlier that 49th Parallel and several other Powell & Pressburger films are "included with Prime". Must be twenty years or more since I last saw that, so I'm going to give it a watch now

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X