• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

They’ve put up a plexiglass screen, counter to ceiling, like a bank or something

Comment

Way too much Korean ordered from up the road.

HWMBO is on a zoom cocktail call with his Uni friends

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Still no sign of the rain, and it's brightening up a little out there
        Pah! Still pissing down here & it's not doing it halfheartedly.

Defrosting the fridge in the salting house & it's taking forever & making puddles on the floor.

I've got the dehumidifier blowing slightly warmed air into it to speed it up a bit.

The thing hasn't been defrosted for years & since it was almost empty apart from the veg, eggs & a gallon & a half of milk I thought I'd leap into action.

5 hours later it's still going but I've got the lamb bones out of the freezer compartment which is something.

Entertainment (continued):

HSB S4 E20: "Hair Apparent "

HSB S4 E21: "Lucky Ducks "

I was going to watch the thing about the Raj & the East India Company but it was too right on for my taste.

Then I was going to watch "Three billboards" but didn't feel like watching that either.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese

They’ve put up a plexiglass screen, counter to ceiling, like a bank or something
          And very nice it was as always (the food, not the plexiglass, though there's nothing wrong with that either)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Then I was going to watch "Three billboards" but didn't feel like watching that either.
            I liked that when I watched it the other week, but you would have to be in the right mood for it I reckon.

Comment

Bathroom ceiling painted.
              TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Fridge defrosted finally.

TFBSZ.

Comment

I decided it was time for a change from monsters and explosions, so tonight's movie premiere was The Lovely Bones (2009), in which a young girl murdered by the local pervert keeps an eye on what's going on with her family from a kind of hinterland of Heaven. It's very good, in a deep and meaningful way. Definitely in the "have to be in the mood for it" category, though

And that inspired me to continue with the theme of people who are or have been dead, which naturally led me to a rewatch of the excellent Constantine (2005) - though I was also inspired by a tweet earlier today asserting that this was "the first film in which the editors didn't have to digitally remove Tilda Swinton's wings"

And then S2E3 of Hanna: To the Meadows (TV Episode 2020)

It finally started raining around midnight, and has carried on for most of the time since. It turned out that some of the heaviest downpours, audible through the open window, coincided with related scenes in Constantine which is always a nice bit of synchronicity

Goodnight all
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 19 July 2020, 03:36.

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky.

White fluffy clouds.

Sunny.

No current precipitation.

19.6 deg.

1016 mBar.

Sunday judging by the crap the wireless is emitting.

Fridge seems to be fridging.

Comment

Working...
                      X