• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wine yet.

The delivery tracker would imply that the driver has done 3 stops in total since 9.07am today.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      No wine yet.

The delivery tracker would imply that the driver has done 3 stops in total since 9.07am today.

Probably drinking it!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This supposed easing of our local lockdown all seems very vague. No idea whether I'm likely to get a haircut in the near future from the sparse amount of information reported by the Beeb so far

Ah, but according to the local rag, I won't

I'm not sure why the BBC is so obsessed with pubs and restaurants but leaves out other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          This supposed easing of our local lockdown all seems very vague. No idea whether I'm likely to get a haircut in the near future from the sparse amount of information reported by the Beeb so far

Ah, but according to the local rag, I won't

I'm not sure why the BBC is so obsessed with pubs and restaurants but leaves out other stuff
          Probly because they're left wing long haired Trots.

15 buckets of windfall apples transferred to the compost heap.

More gardening done: reweeding the bit that's about to turn into a lawn.

Full of cattulipe just to make the job that much more pleasant.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Just attempted to fill in a seemingly endless "how did we do" thing from an insurance company.

When it started asking the same questions all over again whilst leaving out the telephone option I deleted it since it was barely halfway through.

Entertainment: HSB S4 E9 "Honk If You're a Goose " wherein Howard Hunter appears with a dressing on his temple and the goose gets caught.

HSB S4 E10: " The Russians Are Coming " being the last time we see Michael Conrad doing the intro.

HSB S4 E11: "Ratman and Bobbin"

HSB S4 E12: "Nichols from Heaven "

Roswell: New Mexico S2 E6 "Sex and Candy", calm down, it's probably not that exciting. There's a bit too much male on male action in this one for my taste.

The Good Place S? E2.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 July 2020, 17:27.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A very fine afternoon. Much sunshine and a sprinkling of cloud.

HWMBO was successfully collected from Heathrow, my timing being such that I was in the car park for no more than 10 minutes but long enough to incur a £4.50 charge. They no longer accept payment at the pay stations by the lifts, instead expecting people in low slung sports cars to struggle with a chip and pin machine on exit.

Comment

I'm knackered.

But the sun's out.

And the sky is blue.

Weather's borked again.

Comment

It brightened up here quite a bit towards the end of the day

Better still, a thing I've been beating my head against has finally been wrestled into submission

Tea, by way of celebration and also because I didn't get said thing working until quarter past nine, has been homemade kebab meat in a pitta bread with sweet chilli sauce, and chips. All out of the freezer (well, fridge for the sauce), so really quick to make and very tasty

Comment

Wine didn’t arrive (probably below 100 bottles left )
                  I have suitably complained to Waitrose.
                  One of the tins of paint has gone to Bedford.
                  No rush, it might not be needed.

Paperwork from lowest estate agent in - £150+VAT for EPC and photos, 1.5% commission.
                  The one we are going with (awaiting documentation to confirm) was suggesting putting it on at £115k more than this guy, charging £83+VAT for EPC and 1.25% commission.

If anyone is looking for a 3 bed/2 bath/3 reception, big garden, outside London and has no chain, let me know.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Trundling done

Only one of the local bats swooping around this evening. Either that or they were taking it in turns to swoop in sight of me.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Trundling done

Only one of the local bats swooping around this evening. Either that or they were taking it in turns to swoop in sight of me.
                      Damn thing's probly got CV20.

Entertainment (continued): Skin A&E on 5*.

Pretty run of the mill really.

The chap showing patients around wears a bow tie.

Oh, they advertise condoms on this channel.

Comment

Working...
                      X