• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Oh, and trundling was done earlier to help pass the time on the second occasion that I reloaded the database from backup
    I should add that this second reload wasn't due to my mistakes, for a change; I'd sorted out a bunch of stuff and wanted to reset to a known starting point to make sure it all ran smoothly from scratch

Comment

I forgot to report that there was very enthusiastic precipitation earlier this evening. Lasted a good 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Entertainment:
        Secret Nazi Bases: Bergkristal: The Atomic Threat on Yesterday.

which, oddly enough, isn't about Bergkristal but about Dag Bromberg, E6.

"Secret Nazi Bases" Hitler's Invisible City (Dag Bromberg) (TV Episode 2019) - IMDb
        Right at the end they showed this, the V4 Rheinbotte:

http://www.bunkervliegtuigarcheo.com/en/rheinbote-v4/

Not something I'd heard of before.

(continued): Passengers on Film4: some poor sod on a colony ship wakes up 90 years too soon, all on his own.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

(continued): Passengers on Film4: some poor sod on a colony ship wakes up 90 years too soon, all on his own.
          I like that one, as is perhaps indicated by the fact I've watched it at least twice according to TPD records, and I suspect may have watched it a further time or two but failed to record it here

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with backtracking to the episode of ST:TNG I'd skipped, S4E11 Data's Day (TV Episode 1991). Although these ones that centre about one of the main characters going on about themselves can be a bit tiresome (hence the skipping), this one is actually pretty good because they get a decent subplot involving the Romulans in there

And to follow, S1E3 of Hill Street Blues, Politics as Usual (TV Episode 1981)

Despite the occasional database mishap, I had quite a productive day today overall

Goodnight all

Comment

morning
              bright grey with glimpses of blue.
              a bit KB
              TFIF

Comment

Early morning walk to Curley High Point. City mostly obscured by watery haze. Clear skies, pine trees, and the Ericas (heathers) are lovely in bloom.

It's Friday, I'm in Love...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Pleasant walk up the hill earlier. Blue skies over me, a few light clouds over London.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, a mere 14°C, bit of a breeze though not what you'd call windy, and it's both been raining and is forecast to persist with showers throughout the day

Comment

Morning all.

A bit grey out there this morning.

CovKid I has crumbled bread all over the living room floor.

Comment

Working...
                      X