• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday's mundane laundry folded etc. and put away

Not the most entertaining of household chores at the best of times, but for some reason I found it insufferably tedious today

Comment

Looks like it's about 25C out there. Bit of a breeze.

Afternoon meetings about to start.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup (Morrisons, reduced) with Morrisons Sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, ham and sweet chilli sandwich on same, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red corner yog thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Girding my loins for the 2nd shopping trip of the week: pop up to the post office to get the TV Times.

Can't get over how expensive the Radio Times has become.

The rate of inflation of its price was steady until the Germans bought it back in 2010, after which it started going up in 20p increments rather than 3p, 5p, or 10p increments.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been sausages and bacon sandwiched in buttered toast (white bloomer), and very nice it was too

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Yesterday's mundane laundry folded etc. and put away

Not the most entertaining of household chores at the best of times, but for some reason I found it insufferably tedious today
            My laundry from the weekend needs to be taken down and put away. Every time I pass it I decide it's far to tedious and leave it there.

Comment

The weather app says it's now 27 degrees.

I need to go and get my duvet from the cleaners which means leaving the cooling confines of my flat and venturing out into the searing heat.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                My laundry from the weekend needs to be taken down and put away. Every time I pass it I decide it's far to tedious and leave it there.
                That's the spirit!

Comment

Having put up with various levels of feedback from my right hearing aid for a couple of weeks, it seemed the most likely explanations were either my ear canal had noticeably changed shape, or there was a buildup of earwax in there. The latter seemed a bit unlikely as it has always been the left ear that gets a buildup of earwax, and hardly any at that; the right ear has always been clear. But my head's internals having markedly changed shape seemed even less likely.

So I got some of that there olive oil you use for it, though I hadn't got around to using it yet. Then last night, when I took my hearing aid (which I'd only put in for watching Ambulance while eating but ended up leaving in for several hours) out last thing at night, it did feel slightly soggy down there, so I stuck my finger in - and it came out absolutely covered in revolting, almost black wax

Anyway, apparently the colour is nothing to be concerned about - it happens quite a lot when the wax gets impacted, and it coming out and lining the ear canal like that suggests it's loosening up. I think last night helped free a lot of it, and I've had a couple of goes at squirting olive oil down there today, so I'm hoping it will soon be resolved

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    The weather app says it's now 27 degrees.

I need to go and get my duvet from the cleaners which means leaving the cooling confines of my flat and venturing out into the searing heat.
                    It was indeed very warm when I went round the corner to the cleaners.

I am very pleased with the little 'bag' type thing they put it in. Perfect storage vehicle.

Comment

Had a slight discussion with The Wife (tm) there. How many eggs did we have? It's Tuesday, we've not given any away since Friday. Egg storage is for 32 eggs. We had 40. She's now gone round to visit neighbours to leave eggs with them.

Above 25C out there, can't quite read it. Going out for a big dog walk shortly.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X