• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day, 13°C, and the showers are easing off

Comment

For completeness: yesterday's third film, not yet recorded here, was a rewatch of World Trade Center (2006)

Comment

Walk walked.

There was a light smattering of rain but I had a brolly with me so I didn't get wet. Actually quite warm out today, or maybe that was due to the walking.

Google maps says 2.5 miles but I can see from the track that it didn't pick up the whole route. Fitbit says 6,778 steps so far today and that's approx 3.6 miles. My legs feel like they've done nearer 3 miles.

Need to go out again as I have to go to the shop.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done

No records, but the green ring has been closed

Comment

Quick trip to the Co-Op achieved in-between showers. Picked up 6 sausage rolls for 54p and two have been warmed for immediate scoffing.

Comment

Family Zoom call done. Now having a late lunch of buttered wholemeal toast

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                For completeness: yesterday's third film, not yet recorded here, was a rewatch of World Trade Center (2006)
                And the review is where?

Tea: Heinz potato and leek soup, the last remnants of Morrisons multiseed bread (stale), more rice pud (very nice), a bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread (even staler), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea and a corner yog thing (yellow).

Oh, and my leg is complaining again, in a novel way.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  And the review is where?
                  Sorry, here it is from the previous viewing

After that I was in need of something that didn't make me want to throw my eyes and ears in a skip, so I turned to World Trade Center (2006) - IMDb, the true story of two NY Port Authority cops (why does America have so many different police forces for the most arcane jurisdictions?) who were trapped under a skyscraper's worth of debris when WTC2 collapsed, then suffered the further misfortune of WTC1 collapsing on top of that, and then WTC7 on top of that, but were eventually rescued, being the eighteenth and nineteenth of just twenty people rescued alive after the world came crashing down. Excellent stuff, and at least Oliver Stone managed not to drag any of his conspiracy theories into this one

Comment

Family Zoom call done. Now having a late lunch of buttered wholemeal toast
                    Any Monkey Business today?

Comment

The innards of the pie have commenced their slow cooking. The assembly into pie form will take place tomorrow, I think.

For dinner, therefore, I have defrosted and reheated some lamb meatballs in tomato sauce and bulgar wheat I'd made in April.

The evening's entertainment has yet to be decided. I'm not in the mood for anything too intellectual but I may have a go at finishing the final book in the rather poor Southern Reach trilogy that I've been plodding my way through.

EDIT
                      Realised I have a few episodes of Chasing the Moon downloaded to iPlayer and expiring soon so I'm watching that while I eat me dinner
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 7 June 2020, 18:14.

Comment

Working...
                      X