• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It transpires that what I thought were swifts or swallows hurtling up & down the back lane alongside the canal are actually house martins.

Glad we've cleared that up.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      It transpires that what I thought were swifts or swallows hurtling up & down the back lane alongside the canal are actually house martins.

Swallow = long tail, gliding
      Swift = flying high and screaming
      House Martin = Lower in the sky than a swift, doesn't scream but might be heard singing "Happy hour again"

(From "The Lazy Birdwatcher" by WTFH)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

<checks clock>

Morning all!

Was woken up shortly before 5am by what I thought was rain but judging by the ground when I got up about 9am, maybe it wasn't. It's about 13 degrees at the moment, overcast but seems bright-ish. Windy though, which was causing a bit of a chilly draft so the living room window is currently closed. Rain forecast around 4-5pm.

Ocado have delivered and all items put away.

The weekend's loaf is on its second rise and will be ready for baking later today.

Need to book my car in for a service and MOT; the latter being due on the 24th and the former is barely necessary but I think an oil change is not a bad idea. I also need to take that run up the A4 (or M4, undecided yet) to get the battery fully charged up.

I have plotted a walk to do as I've not been out the past few days and I need to force that activity habit into place.

Two coffees and two digestives ingested so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Nearly "Happy Hour" again...Whoosh awarded...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Exercise bike done; new PB for calories (by a slight margin) and green exercise ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Need to book my car in for a service and MOT; the latter being due on the 24th and the former is barely necessary but I think an oil change is not a bad idea. I also need to take that run up the A4 (or M4, undecided yet) to get the battery fully charged up.
              There's a six-month extension on MOTs due to the plague: Coronavirus: MOTs due from 30 March 2020 - GOV.UK

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                There's a six-month extension on MOTs due to the plague: Coronavirus: MOTs due from 30 March 2020 - GOV.UK
                Yeah, I know. But if I can get it done on time then I may as well.

Comment

Took the peelings down to the compost heap and was surrounded by swallows swifts house martins catching stuff all around me.

It was quite entertaining in its way.

Now the sun's out, they're flying higher.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 83%.

Smalls out of the TD & airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM & into the TD, then out of the TD & roughly ironed & hanging on hangers in the back bedroom.

The missing shirt was found hiding in the cottons & was washed in WM2 along with two underpants that had also managed to hide.

Cottons in WM1, due out in 40 mins.

Sunny now.

Different pain in leg now, along the shin.

I think I've not been for enough walks recently, so I've been up & down the stairs about 30 times to see if it helped & it seemed so to do.

Lunch: Heinz(tm) Wegetable soup with Morrisons bread (assorted), the last of the Tesco spam with mustard on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, yogurt, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The leg and my arese were sufficiently uncomfortable that I played Freecell whilst kneeling on the floor using knee protectors.

That seemed to work too.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The watch is all "Take a brisk 9 minute walk and close your move ring!" Come on watch, it's lunchtime and the thing is at 355° already, I'll close it over the next few minutes just walking back and forth to the kitchen

Comment

Lunch has been the last of the chicken and barley soup, with bits of bread. Very tasty

I hope Sainsbury's have managed to replenish their stocks of Big Chickens when I next go there, as I now only have one chicken, tomato and lentil left. It seems like I've always either got more soup than I know what to do with or hardly any

Comment

Working...
                      X