• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I suggested before, it works!! Did a few searches for "sexy knickers" and similar and now lots of the ads on the online news pages are much more interesting! Who needs ad blockers when you can make use of targeted advertising?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      What I suggested before, it works!! Did a few searches for "sexy knickers" and similar and now lots of the ads on the online news pages are much more interesting! Who needs ad blockers when you can make use of targeted advertising?
      Well, if we're going to live in a dystopian hellscape of all-pervasive surveillance, we might as well work it to our advantage

Comment

Just returned to the regular expression problem that drove me barmy on Friday, which I'd had to abandon after several hours of mucking about trying to get it to work without success. Nailed it in three minutes

Reading a chunk of the first part of Friedl's book yesterday helped a bit - got me back into the thing of thinking it through character by character, or more accurately, thinking about what needs to be decided between each character

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just returned to the regular expression problem that drove me barmy on Friday, which I'd had to abandon after several hours of mucking about trying to get it to work without success. Nailed it in three minutes
          It's odd how often that happens.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 83% (but there's fewer or less zeroes following the 3 ).

Tea: Tesco brand spam and beetroot sandwiches. One of which tasted a bit blue, and lo! further slices (but not all) were also nicely a bit blue in one place, so I cut the blue bits off & gave the rest to the birds, red corner yog thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 May 2020, 17:01.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            It's odd how often that happens.
            Just found it's not quite right

Odd how often that happens too

Still, I'm pretty sure I'm nearly there now

Comment

Decided to sit out on the patio for a bit, seeing as it's still very pleasant out and the chopper has chopped off

Thought I ought to have a go at finishing the Southern Reach Trilogy and have made a some headway into the last book. The books will be put on the charity pile when I'm done as I see no value in keeping them.

Comment

Weekly family quiz in 10 mins on Zoom, could be last one !!

<hiatus> while someone updates to version 5
                Last edited by AndyGarbs; 31 May 2020, 18:20.
                Married

Comment

I haven't tried the removing bit yet (obviously, I only put it on last night and I'm not a Premier Inn) but that doesn't require so much effort, so I don't know if I'll even remember to try it when the time comes.

Do let us know how the putting-on goes though. It took me a few moments to work out how to get the unrolling started, but once I'd sussed it out and got it going it was fine, and next time will be easier now I've done it successfully once rather than just watching the video
                  Whether my first attempt was quicker or not is debatable but it certainly felt easier.

I took a decent amount of time making sure the duvet was properly lined up on top of the cover. Rolled it up - which required me running around the bed several times until I got about halfway down as I wasn't about to leap onto the bed like in the video.

The tucking in bit was easy enough. I then unrolled it (more running around the bed but now at the bottom rather than top end so less distance travelled) just under a quarter of the way before taking firm hold of the bottom end of the duvet and giving it a couple of good shakes. A bit of a fidget with the top corners to make sure they were still in alignment and voila! all done.

I think with practise it will be a lot easier. I'll give it a go on HWMBO's huge duvet - which will require much more running about considering his bed is larger than my bathroom (not entirely true but maybe not far off now I think about it ).

Comment

Ribs are out of the oven and set aside to cool

Trying to resist the temptation to have any tonight - after a fairly sizeable lunch, and scoffing a chicken drumstick I suddenly remembered just now, I should probably exercise some moderation

Oh, and there was a (multipack) Wispa earlier too

Comment

Ribs are out of the oven and set aside to cool

Trying to resist the temptation to have any tonight - after a fairly sizeable lunch, and scoffing a chicken drumstick I suddenly remembered just now, I should probably exercise some moderation

Oh, and there was a (multipack) Wispa earlier too
                      Ocado had buy two for £4 offer on multipack mini Wispas and Crunchies... I have had to hide them in a drawer

Comment

Working...
                      X