• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the weekend I decided to check my rifle scope as I thought it was off a little (someone having knocked it a few times)
    It was out by about an inch at 20 yards.
    Dialled it back in on Saturday., Earlier this evening a rat appeared on the lawn. Got it just below the eyeball.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I see NAT the Twat has banned BR14 again.

Ho hum.

Since I'm bored, pissed off, and tired, I think I'll read a book until it's TFBSZ.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

96% / 76

I do wonder if I have a Friday afternoon pulse oximeter. Some days it says my pulse rate is 23 BPM!! I think I'd be feeling quite poorly if that were the case.

Next time I get my blood pressure cuff out, I'll compare resting heart rates between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Ho hum.

Since I'm bored, pissed off, and tired, I think I'll read a book until it's TFBSZ.
          I'm missing BR14 and BP. I hope they can/do come back soon.

Not that the rest of you aren't a delight but each brings their own to this little corner that forges a nice a mix.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            96% / 76

I do wonder if I have a Friday afternoon pulse oximeter. Some days it says my pulse rate is 23 BPM!! I think I'd be feeling quite poorly if that were the case.

Next time I get my blood pressure cuff out, I'll compare resting heart rates between the two.
            Mine does that occasionally

It did it this afternoon, in fact. Then it bucked its ideas up after I took it off for a couple of seconds then put it back on. I started up the heart monitor app on the watch and they agreed to within 1bpm or so after that, so I assume it’s just a case of getting it on the finger correctly.

Comment

So as if by magic, the CBS has disappeared to be replaced by 10/10ths cloud.

You'd never think that the ISS was about to transit, followed by the launched rocket.

Entertainment: The Beiderbecke Affair E5.

Timeless S1 E5: The Alamo.

And this:

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/tracking_map.cfm
              There’s another even brighter ISS pass tomorrow night

Comment

Ho hum.

BR14’s previous ban should have ended - it was only 7 days. Or did he come back and do something to get immediately banned again?

And I don’t see why the new incarnation got banned either; there’s nothing obvious on https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/members/s0c4.html

Comment

The right ear is almost back to normal, but instead of watching telly I carried on reading No One Would Listen. Madoff’s house of cards has come tumbling down, and suddenly people want to hear what he’d been trying to tell them for eight years

It’s cooled off to 13°C outside, but holding steady just under 22° in here

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all.

Blue skies from what I can see. A little bit of a welcome breeze coming in the kitchen window. 16 degrees.

Comment

Negotiated down to 4 days a week working, with another BA getting the day I dropped after their PM had a flap about workload.

Turns out none of us BA's want to work full time and were quite happy when the announcement was made to the whole team that 3 day working would last until the end of August.

The senior BA, lucky mare, has managed to avoid picking up an extra day. It's the PM's at fault - they think there's loads of work and we can't cope but we're all very happy working out how to fit everything into 3 days.

Comment

Working...
                      X