• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S0C4 View Post
    we keeping you up DrS??
    I refer the Honorable Gentleman to the post regarding the mowing of the lawns.

Tea: the last chunk of roast chicken with carrots and onions, with enough hot smoked paprika to blow my head off, :, orange segments and custard, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

ah, lawnmowing will do that.
      i'm having curry for dinner tonight.
      hope you all enjoy whatever you have.

Comment

I have walked.

9974 steps done today.

I planned a route that went past a number of the properties I've looked at online over the past couple of days. Now I am knackered.

Went past Normand Mews, near Baron's Court, where I viewed a flat at back in 2014 when I was first moving up to London. At the time I didn't appreciate its location and, despite the blue plaque advising James Hunt once lived there, I was more annoyed that I couldn't park in the mews and the garden was accessed via the bedroom.

Now I'm more likely to be annoyed by conversions where a corridor has been turned into a kitchen.

Comment

Haven’t decided what to have for dinner yet. Something that doesn’t involve much effort seems likely

Comment

Lots of takeaway ordered from Cave of Lanka. That will keep me out of mischief for a couple of days.

Comment

So as if by magic, the CBS has disappeared to be replaced by 10/10ths cloud.

You'd never think that the ISS was about to transit, followed by the launched rocket.

Entertainment: The Beiderbecke Affair E5.

Timeless S1 E5: The Alamo.

And this:

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/tracking_map.cfm
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 May 2020, 20:16.

Comment

Tea turned out to be lamb scouse out of the freezer, and very nice too

Comment

I ate the sides and the accompaniments. The main dish and the starter will do for tomorrow's lunch and dinner.

Stuffed!

Comment

Brisk walk around a block or two has finished off today’s green ring

Comment

Entertainment (continued): "The lookingglass war", which is a John LeCarre novel starring Ralph Richardson, Anthony Hopkins & some dump Septic who couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

Said Septic is dubbed.

Apparently David Lean didn't realise this when he put him in Ryan's Daughter & ended up dubbing the no hoper yet again.

And that's enough of that. <click>

Oh, and the other thing is, it's a George Smiley film without George Smiley.

Not with George Smiley renamed, as in "The Deadly Affair" but completely excised.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 May 2020, 21:48.

Comment

Working...
                      X