• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder of lamb it is aroasting.

Would have been better if I'd spotted the bit of plastic before putting it in the oven.

House halfheartedly vacced.

Today's joy: two pretty manky swedes required to get enough.

Very curate's egg.

One looked horrid & was horrid until enough had been cut off to reveal something halfway edible, the other looked good but proved to be bad until halfway up.

The compost heap is grateful for their extensive contribution.

Oh, and the rice pud has just been removed from the oven, it being what approximates to being done.

Time will tell the validity of that judgement.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 May 2020, 11:06.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I am generally inept in the kitchen too. That's why I found myself a chap who can cook

You sure you are a girl?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It’s worth watching, but don’t expect it to cheer you up at all unless you stop it about three minutes in when they’re still enjoying the seaside in Italy before being sent East

Tonight’s viewing, after an abortive attempt to watch Batman Forever which was terminated when I realised I wasn’t in the mood for it at all, started with Glengarry Glen Ross (1992), based on David Mamet’s play (he also wrote the screenplay) concerning the desperate existence of American real estate salesmen, trying to dupe people into buying tracts of land in Florida by lying over the phone. Not as bleak as being a German soldier in Stalingrad, but still thoroughly bleak. Remember, coffee is for closers

And to follow, Green Zone (2010), in which Matt Damon plays a soldier who discovers the hard way that there never were any WMD in Iraq. I’ve watched this before, but it’s a good, intelligent thriller/action story and worth seeing.

And finally, as I haven’t watched it in a while and it’s funny, S1E1 of I’m Alan Partridge, A Room with an Alan (TV Episode 1997). I wonder if the people at Monkey World have ever thought of trying to get any of their many groups of primates to play Monkey Tennis; it could turn out to be a ratings winner

Goodnight all

ABC !

When I'm taking the mick out of salesmen

Comment

off for a picnic shortly.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Partly cloudy out, but warm enough at 17°C

Comment

Still cloudy. The rain hasn't yet appeared.

Comment

More and better gaps between the clouds here, and up to 18°C

Buttered wholemeal toast for lunch

Comment

Oh dear, what's BR14 done today?

Comment

It now be raining.

HWMBO has made brunch rolls with black pudding centred Lorne sausage, bacon and a fried egg (runny yolk of course)

Yum and then some

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Oh dear, what's BR14 done today?
                      Not again!

Comment

Working...
                      X