• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lunch was two slices of wholemeal seedy toast slathered in ginger jam.
    and 40Cl of earl grey tea.

walked around behind a hoover in a desultory way earlier.
    sorted out a load of recycling, and now the old trouble's flared up again*

*osteorenalapathy

Comment

In other news, the back is complaining quite a lot, oddly it was ok earlier.

So bored I've been searching on "The Neath, Pontardawe, & Brynamman Railway".

Yet another example of what might have been.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 May 2020, 12:34.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chicken and barley soup for lunch

It’s clouding over now, though not in a manner that suggests rain. And opening the living room window has reduced the internal temperature from about 26°C to 24° over the course of a couple of hours

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          It’s clouding over now, though not in a manner that suggests rain. And opening the living room window has reduced the internal temperature from about 26°C to 24° over the course of a couple of hours
          It's done more than suggest:

Raining.

Thunderbolt & lightning, very very frightening.

Or a rumble or two and some desultory very large drops of rain, totally grey sky, dark grey verging on black in parts.

Just made it home from shopping as it started.

Though, on the bright side, it's stopped that chap sawing up timber with a petrol chainsaw at the bottom of the garden.

Very annoying sort of noise when it goes on for a long time.

The Back is still complaining.

Brought on by not sitting up straight this morning.

Comment

4pm on a Saturday. Guess whose wife is on a call.

News from up north is that FFP 3 is out of stock in the north west. They have been promised delivery “next week”.

Guidelines have been changed (by non-medically qualified people) to say you don’t need as much protection (purely because of the lack of stock). There’s people on the call using language that isn’t professional on a call at this level across different teams.

There are policies around fit testing (mentioned here before) that should have been in place 2 months ago. They are due to be passed “in the next few weeks”

Can’t say much more. I expect my polite lady wife will be dropping the C-bomb in about 10 mins.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ the overwhelming impression that this bunch of no hopers really don't know what they are doing, just making it up as they go along, is quite striking.

Doomed etc.

In other news, the thunder turned out to be a completely damp squib.

In other other news, the fecking chainsaw is going again.

Comment

Brunch was feta, sweetcorn and red pepper pancakes/fritters with bacon and scrambled eggs. I just mentioned I fancied scrambled eggs and ended up with a banquet!

I then did a few hours hard labour in the garden to hack back some of the overgrowth. I did it last year and it has grown back as it would seem I am the only person mad enough to tackle it. I secretly quite like doing it.

HWMBO has just made me a very nice G&T and is prepping dinner.

Other than a very brief shower this morning it's been a gloriously sunny day with just the right amount of cloud cover.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Brunch was feta, sweetcorn and red pepper pancakes/fritters with bacon and scrambled eggs. I just mentioned I fancied scrambled eggs and ended up with a banquet!

I then did a few hours hard labour in the garden to hack back some of the overgrowth. I did it last year and it has grown back as it would seem I am the only person mad enough to tackle it. I secretly quite like doing it.

HWMBO has just made me a very nice G&T and is prepping dinner.

Other than a very brief shower this morning it's been a gloriously sunny day with just the right amount of cloud cover.
                  ok, come clean, where are you REALLY ?

Comment

Interior temperature now down to a very pleasant 23.5°C. Being able to open the windows will definitely make things a little more bearable should we have another long hot summer

Just added some bits I’d forgotten to my Sainsbury’s order.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      4pm on a Saturday. Guess whose wife is on a call.

News from up north is that FFP 3 is out of stock in the north west. They have been promised delivery “next week”.

Guidelines have been changed (by non-medically qualified people) to say you don’t need as much protection (purely because of the lack of stock). There’s people on the call using language that isn’t professional on a call at this level across different teams.

There are policies around fit testing (mentioned here before) that should have been in place 2 months ago. They are due to be passed “in the next few weeks”

Can’t say much more. I expect my polite lady wife will be dropping the C-bomb in about 10 mins.
                      It’s been reported today that our NHS Trust came within eight hours of running out of PPE at one point, and also nearly ran out of reagents for patient testing.

Comment

Working...
                      X